lets see pics of your induction kit

Wow Raptor, thats awesome. You and your friend fancy coming to England and doing mine?

:smiley:

If you have a Clio V6 Ph2 airbox it could be done.
We can provide you with this carbon fibre intake like mine, you just need to make room for it.

The Clio R3 maxi airbox in carbon is 600€, and we could do this front part with a 100mm reduction to Clio V6 Ph2 airbox for 250€ plus shipping.

I believe there isn't a better solution out there for our V6 airboxes when it comes to bringing cold air to it. This is the most direct way.

The only better option, IMHO, is the R3 maxi airbox itself.

I went for this option because I didn't need to realocate the brake fluid container and already had V6 airbox that I love.

[MENTION=58]Raptor6767[/MENTION] : Amazing job, well done :thumbsup:

Tnx...still waiting for better weather in order to try it in a race against my friend that I tried before.
I believe this setup will show itself great especially at high temperatures when usually engine heats the air in the engine bay.

Last edited:
@Raptor6767 : Amazing job, well done :thumbsup:
Looks fabulous, But is too much air gonna forced in ? You could have saved loads of money, using a Revotec air intake duct, onto a hose to your air box. ( X Larkspeed ). ? Just like you can't understand why Renault use the offside vent, instead of the nearside vent, to get a more direct air flow ?! I've got a couple of old air cones, am gonna try a lot of different hose combinations. Plus try using original box with added air feed hose.

Looks fabulous, But is too much air gonna forced in ?

I don't think so because I believe that the R3 maxi is even more unrestricted then my modified one:

ip3vxi.jpg

You could have saved loads of money, using a Revotec air intake duct, onto a hose to your air box. ( X Larkspeed ). ? Just like you can't understand why Renault use the offside vent, instead of the nearside vent, to get a more direct air flow ?! I've got a couple of old air cones, am gonna try a lot of different hose combinations. Plus try using original box with added air feed hose.

Revotec doesn't have a 93mm reduction (they have 75mm max, and the height is not optimal) that our V6 Ph2 airbox has and I wanted as much air as possible, and I believe my solution is the second best to the R3 Maxi airbox:

69o0es.jpg

244ch84.jpg

Last edited:
Raptor that looks great, how much effort was it moving the tank?

Shame the Clio 200 front end doesn't lend it's self well to this sort of scoop :worried:

Raptor that looks great, how much effort was it moving the tank?

Shame the Clio 200 front end doesn't lend it's self well to this sort of scoop :worried:

Uh...all of it was a pain in the arse because I wanted it as much OEM as possible.

First the fuse boxes needed to be realocated and fastened properly and not with straps.
After that I had the tank holder made out of inox (after a while I might make him out of carbon just for the looks :smile: ).
Now, I needed to find/make suitable hoses from the tank to the radiator.

And that's all. :wink:

As I thought, a pain the arse!! Thanks for the details though.

I've got a set of seats to fit before I start another project that will just fill my lounge with boxes then! lol

Cheers,

Your set up is awesome Raptor!
I had a shop revise mine from the Fernandez setup to this...
IMG_1361_zpsd7752f34.jpg
Battery hiding behind the airbox
IMG_1359_zps84d6db9d.jpg
Would ideally like to have the hose from the grill and the coolant bottle moved. I'll add it to the list :smile:

Looks good, what did you have done to it to make it fit that way (how did it look before)?

Interesting that the Renault Sport Green panel filter for both the Cup Racer airbox and the Maxi Evo is the same item. I reckon if you can sort a good supply to the Cup Racer airbox then that will be sufficient to not need the whole Evo setup really.

My itg mexagon, using the standard air inlet and one from the front fog light(just added) and it's loads better the car feels more responsive and I feels like it pulls better aswell

cc2dc03012726ef97d1a7b21d0b8b0dc.jpgdf277d895354eeccf478baea8b62bf96.jpg78607582b6d4761ac324ef3f4eaf2f8b.jpg15419fc05f13613c45972bd09101f41f.jpgf07fb39c36f9f158110c717664fc13a6.jpg

Looks good, what did you have done to it to make it fit that way (how did it look before)?

Interesting that the Renault Sport Green panel filter for both the Cup Racer airbox and the Maxi Evo is the same item. I reckon if you can sort a good supply to the Cup Racer airbox then that will be sufficient to not need the whole Evo setup really.

Agrred, just needs a pipe to it like Miguelreb's one...
umKbaoq_zps896ba9ad.jpg

The bracket to hold the battery was made up by a different shop. The shop I went to on the weekend moved it to behind the box from in front of it, moved a bunch of wiring and made a new ABS bracket.
I haven't had a good poke around in three to actually see in detail what's been done they go through it with me on the day.

Similar Thread Suggestions