Leicester 197 newbie

Hi

Finally did it after about a year of trawling autotrader and pistonheads and took the plunge and got a Met Blue 06 plate 197 and at the moment i'm as chuffed as a fat kid in a sweet shop.

After a 4 years of running a VRS Fabia (sensible-ish car as we were buying a house and getting married) i was given the green light by the wife to change to something that i will enjoy driving to work. To be honest, i think she got sick of me looking at cars all the time.

I picked up the 06 plate from a Honda dealership in peterborough for just under 10k. It has 15k on the clock. Digital climate, privacy glass (rear) and the nice 6 disc cabasse head unit. Plus folding mirrors and those odd headlights that perform magic things when turning. The paintwork was spot on, interior doesnt have a mark and with only a few small scrapes on the front wheels. This was something that doesnt bother me as i'll get them sorted later if i want to.

Anyhow, after 2 weeks of ownership i'm still grinning inside everytime i get in and press the start button. I'm not always making full use of the power (5k upwards) but that's down to the flow of traffic to and from work. But this doesn't stop it being a fun and being an involving drive. I'm smitten to be honest! and feel as though i've made the right choice (what took me so long)

Don't know if it's a member on here but i passed a LY F1 on the Blaby Rd in Enderby on my 2nd day of ownership. Was tempted to raise a hand as we passed but was unsure of the reaction:smile:

Anyhow, that's me done. I'll look forward to using this site more.

Cheers!

Hi and welcome to the site mate,

where abouts in Leicester are you from. ?

good to hear your enjoying the clio.

Welcome :smile: you sound exactly the same as me. Into my third week of ownership and it feels like the first each day.

Welcome to the site yomper.
Could well have been rich or gem in the LY R27.

Welcome to the site yomper.
Could well have been rich or gem in the LY R27.

Ay up... cheers for all your pleasant replies guys.

@ chappo and richandgem.

I'm in the Enderby/Narborough area of our wonderful county.

yes your not too far from me then, ( Groby ).

maybe a little meet and some pics could be on the cards then when the weather pics up, lol as there are 4 of us at least in Leicester now. :thumbup1:

Welcome to the site matey! I still get that feeling evertime i drive it and I have had the car for 13months now!!! I really dont think it will ever get old! :thumbup:

welcome mate ,your just up the road from goodes then .if you need any performance parts for your car come down ,the lads in the shop can match prices .if you do come down ask for mark and i will show around our collection of performance cars

Similar Thread Suggestions