latest from the demo car

these are the most up to date piccies of a couple of the more custom additions to the boring interior! hopefully not too cheesy!!! All interior that has been painted is finished in Glacier White to match the car

CustomisedinteriorICE.gif

notice no grey plastic trim surround the stereo to make it fit!! Filled and then painted. unit is the alpine iva-d106r inc the kce-400bt bluetooth and video ipod lead

CustomisedHUwithSnoooper.gif

CusomisedHUwithSnooperatnight.gif

this is our newest addition, the Snooper sapphire camera detector fitted into the HU but obviously modified to fit. the outside is finished in white and the snooper surround in gloss black to match

AmberLEDs.gif

AmberLEDs2.gif

amber leds that come on and stay on with the cars lights only

WhiteLEDs.gif

WhiteLEDs2.gif

white leds come on with the interior light for both door opening etc and when the interior light is selected to the on position, they are off if the interior light is off

CustomisedinteriorincSnooper.gif

interior by day

Customisedinteriorbynight.gif

interior by night

we decided to use the leds as the strip lights or neons are too bright, these are nice and subtle and look pretty factory.

for a complete dairy of pictures visit our photobucket album - http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/lotusdan04/Our Demo Car/

been wanting to put footwell lighting in mine.
some that come on with the lights and stay on.
where did you take the feed from.?

been wanting to put footwell lighting in mine.
some that come on with the lights and stay on.
where did you take the feed from.?

up behind the heater controls found a dud plug which was live, tested the leads and found a light plus so happy days. really good as the plug does not feed anything else, even if it did wouldn't be a prob as the leds are very low amp.

up behind the heater controls found a dud plug which was live, tested the leads and found a light plus so happy days. really good as the plug does not feed anything else, even if it did wouldn't be a prob as the leds are very low amp.

mine may be different then as i have the climate...:frown:

looks nice, you should change all the leds to white for all the buttons and instruments. don't really like the alpine :S

dont like the alpine? its the nicest, without any shadow of a doubt, fold out 7" screen that will take sat nav add on. we checked them all, the only other nice looking one was the pioneer but cant do sat nav. has to be a 7" screen, the others just wont do!!!!!

if a double din could have fitted we would have done one, tried for hours to work out cutting this and chopping that but double din is to big and would have been to low in the standard position, could have gone up top but would have looked like stuck on!

mine may be different then as i have the climate...:frown:

yeah could be, should still be ok to tap for the live though, as i said very low amps. most of the wiring in the car is the same gauge from the interior lighting to all the controls, same as when you start fitting audio you add on primarily to all the existing connectors for the original radio especially when adding the bluetooth etc, all without problems

dont like the alpine? its the nicest, without any shadow of a doubt, fold out 7" screen that will take sat nav add on. we checked them all, the only other nice looking one was the pioneer but cant do sat nav. has to be a 7" screen, the others just wont do!!!!!

if a double din could have fitted we would have done one, tried for hours to work out cutting this and chopping that but double din is to big and would have been to low in the standard position, could have gone up top but would have looked like stuck on!

how much is one of these?would it fit straightinto mine or would i need to cut bits??

how much is one of these?would it fit straightinto mine or would i need to cut bits??

it does sort of fit straight in! the uunit alone even with the aux leads will fit, however when we added the bluetooth the plug that goes from unit to bleutooth sticks out the back a touch too much. had to cut a hole at the back so it would go in, completely out of site and would not affect fitting the original stereo in for resale. the kenwood 524dvd is a nice screen with sat nav as an option and comes in about 3 or 4 hundred quid cheaper by the time you ad bluetooth and sat nav.

I've got the Kenwood, I like how I didn't have to fork out for everything at once. The HU and fitting was about £400 I think. A week later I decided it wasnt right having a 7" screen at my disposal without the freeview addon (£400). Bit by bit I then added Bluetooth (£100) and Sat Nav (£400), stalk control & IPod as I wished. Now it's complete I couldnt be happier and it all works great. I remember the pioneer setup pushing 2k and thats what put me right off as much as I love Pioneer.

like it mate think it looks just right tbh,

thats what i was thinking about doing to mine.

i had the pioneer 7 inch screen in my old car wish i hadnt sold it now, its only a matter of time before i get another one tho, lol

looks good mate, the only bit that doesn't look right imo is the bit you've painted around the display apart from that it looks nice. I fitted footwell lights to my 1.8 Corsa and it looked really good, only downside was I got out the car one night in a hurry and booted it with my steel toe caps and broke it, DOH.

I've got the Kenwood, I like how I didn't have to fork out for everything at once. The HU and fitting was about £400 I think. A week later I decided it wasnt right having a 7" screen at my disposal without the freeview addon (£400). Bit by bit I then added Bluetooth (£100) and Sat Nav (£400), stalk control & IPod as I wished. Now it's complete I couldnt be happier and it all works great. I remember the pioneer setup pushing 2k and thats what put me right off as much as I love Pioneer.

yeah thats the best way, works the same with the alpine gear. have ordered the freeview this week so should be in soon. didnt get the alpine one just yet as comes in at around £300 inc the aerials, had a veba one inc the aerials for £160! will sell it as used when i get the alpine version in a couple of months.

looks good mate, the only bit that doesn't look right imo is the bit you've painted around the display apart from that it looks nice. I fitted footwell lights to my 1.8 Corsa and it looked really good, only downside was I got out the car one night in a hurry and booted it with my steel toe caps and broke it, DOH.

the bit around the display had to be painted because the inside of it had to be slightly modified to allow the bottom of the snooper to be seen, cant really tell in the pictures but up close you can see it looks neater with the modification.

i like the painted HU unit but the only thing is that it always looks a different colour to the others because it gets loads more light and a really blue tint from the windscreen! looks the same when its cloudy!!!! Bloody Glacier White damn you!

where did you mount the aerial/s for the freeview and whats the reception like. trying to work out the best position and trying to get them completely out of sight.