Laser Eye Surgery

Just booked my consultation with Optical Express..

The only part I was worried about was the eye cutting part at the start but they have a laser for this part....

Anyone have Laser eye surgery done?? How did you find it? Are you glad you did it?

I had it done about 2-3 years ago.
Very glad I had it done even though I wore sleep in contact lenses and only changed them once a month so they weren't much trouble.

Please don't ask about my experience of having them done though as I will put you off :worried:

i got mine done as well, best £2300 i ever spent =D

I hated the operation, it wasnt as nice a picture as they painted.

But its worth it though.

it was wavefront laser treatment i got. Everybody has a different experience.

Dont want to put you off by telling you i had a bad time, if someone told me they had a bad time at it i wouldnt have gone and would have regretted it my whole life.

had the most expensive one there is as they couldnt do any other process with me being so short sighted my cornier(or what ever) wouldnt have been thick enough after.

youll probably find out it costs more than the price you see advertised.
mine cost £3200 :worried:

all i will say is it is a very different experience for everyone.
partly depends on how bad your eye sight is.
a few people i know have had it and had about 3 seconds of laser, i had over 14 seconds per eye. :worried:

i had seen people coming out and walking down the corridor with sunglasses on unaided. i came out and physically couldnt even open my eyes no matter how hard i tried. and it was still like that 4hrs later.
it got to the point where we were that worried that we phoned them back up.
the lady on the phone explained some things i should do that no other nurse had.

uou are supposed to go home take pain killers and go to sleep.
problem was i couldnt lay back as my eye balls felt as though they were full of water and the pressure was too much on the backs of my eyes.

part of the problem was it had not been explained properly to me and had i known this i would have not got so worried and panicked.

then when your actually having the op. the doctor keeps saying look at the red dot...
i was very very short sighted and had just had the front of my eye lense removed...i couldnt see a red F'ing dot, this got me worried and the doctor just kept saying stop moving your eyes and look at red dot :@:swear:

Everybody has a different experience.

Dont want to put you off by telling you i had a bad time, if someone told me they had a bad time at it i wouldnt have gone and would have regretted it my whole life.

completely agree 100%
i hated it but after just 24hrs it was the best thing i had ever done.

i had my op at 4pm
finally got to sleep about 9pm
woke up at 2:09 am...sat on the edge of the bed and could see the clock on the tv at the other side of the room.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

well hes never gonna have it done after hearing that lol.

i was sick in the consultation, guy kept using the term flap - flap this, flap that.

I had to ask what the flap was didnt I? he explained how they cut a small hole in the front of your eye and peeled it back to create a "flap" - i was then sick. Just said i didnt want to know how it was done, just do it.

in reality the hole is tiny, but your mind wanders.

If you can afford it go for it. I paid 50% up front then the rest at 0% over a year.

well hes never gonna have it done after hearing that lol.

i was sick in the consultation, guy kept using the term flap - flap this, flap that.

I had to ask what the flap was didnt I? he explained how they cut a small hole in the front of your eye and peeled it back to create a "flap" - i was then sick. Just said i didnt want to know how it was done, just do it.

in reality the hole is tiny, but your mind wanders.

If you can afford it go for it. I paid 50% up front then the rest at 0% over a year.

but if you know that it may hurt you wont panic when it does.

how bad are/were your eyes do you know.?

yeah I was looking at optical express. They do a thing called Intralase where a laser cuts your cornera which I think ill get its an exztra £300 per eye but who cares I cant see for **** when I wake up and it really bothers me..

I'm expecting around £1500 per eye.. however if it gives me 20/20 vision I dont care :smile:

what did you guys find driving at night after a few weeks? was there any glare or anything?

was short sighted, cant remember my prescription but i couldnt read a 6" if i was standing 10 feet from it :rofl:

infact i think ive just had more discount vouchers sent to me if you want them? they send me crap ever 3 months now

Last edited:
Greame are they the vouchers where you get £100 for the referral :wink:
I've got loads too, use mine not graemes :wink:

I'd worn glasses from being 8yrs.
Couldn't use my mobile unless it was about 2" away from my face.

Now I actually have better than 20/20 vision(I always thought that was as good as you could get) :smile:

You get life time amounts of going back to hqve it redone as you get older if you want.
And free eye check ups/test for life.

i was thinking about having it done until my boss had it done at the start of the year, seeing what he went through really put me off

I'm an optician. Optical express are literally the last people I would recommend. They (optical express specifically ) were featured on watchdog earlier in the year. Very unethical.

If you want some advice, pm me.