Lambda Sensor

G8RSH

Winner - POTM April 2018
Just reading my MOT emissions test and have seen my lambda sensor is bang on the maximum limit.. Should I be worried? Will it fail the next MOT? Not really sure about the whole thing, if anyone can show me some light I'll be happy! Cheers..

5105cb9518c6a4ba7d6b2020abe5aa6f.jpg

lamda sensors deteriorate with age and end up giving a slow or poor reading - ngk say approx. 60000m life in one

if you have an obd2 you can put it to the lambda signal and see if it switches voltages quickly if its slow or consistent then its not a good one

having said that the cats/engine are good as the readings are low - so would leave it

lamda sensors deteriorate with age and end up giving a slow or poor reading - ngk say approx. 60000m life in one

if you have an obd2 you can put it to the lambda signal and see if it switches voltages quickly if its slow or consistent then its not a good one

having said that the cats/engine are good as the readings are low - so would leave it

That's put my mind at ease, thanks for ten detailed information mate appreciate it!