Ladybower Res

Yeah I was very tempted to pop up anyways, it was very quiet only thing that stopped me was a 'landslide' sign which I didn't know if it was genuine or not. Didn't fancy getting a red face and having to turn round halfway along. :oops:

Ignore that sign! There is a little dodgy bit where the road dips away but not a problem really. Buses go down there! It is only a single track road so you have to watch for people coming the other way. Roundabout at the other end so you can turn round or park up. Closed on a weekend and bank holidays, but during the week you can drive it.

lol the strines are quiet tricky, plus there bamford moor and then roads out to chatsworth house and beyond you could go for miles on twisty if you know where to look lol

It was really rough going - I don't know if it is just that I haven't given it some for a while but but it wasn't as good as other runs. Well seeing as you seem to know them all we will have to have a jaunt out at some point either over the winter or early spring. Is it bad that I have heard of Chatsworth House but never realised where it was lol!?

This the one?

Damn that view is amazing, I love the area around Ladybower whatever time of year it always looks so good.

I'm thinking that spot alone requires a gathering :tongueout:

Yeah Tom that is the car park I was in, well done for understanding where I meant, I couldn't do anything like that myself from the phone lol. There is probably only enough room for 10 cars at the most and no doubt it will be full of people wagons and camper vans if we did go, but like you say it is a great spot.

Bakewell is nice this time of year Tom! ..........
Who's is this region?

If you go right to the end you can get good pics right over the water :wink:

Ignore that sign! There is a little dodgy bit where the road dips away but not a problem really. Buses go down there! It is only a single track road so you have to watch for people coming the other way. Roundabout at the other end so you can turn round or park up. Closed on a weekend and bank holidays, but during the week you can drive it.

Ah right thanks Adrian, I was in two minds whether to drive along and have a look regardless of the sign, but I decided against it... Im a good boy lol! :oops: I have walked all the way along that road and down the otherside of the reserviours before and I know that there are some great places for a picture further along. I will give it a go next time I am down, I will also let a few of you guys know too Matt x2 and PPT (and anyone else who fancies it!)

If you go right to the end you can get good pics right over the water :wink:

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice LY
shut the bloody door its cold lol
very nice pics mate

Really cool photos!

The murky weather makes the liquid yellow stand out nicely!

Love the scenery as well!

LY is the colour you need to get when you but a Clio! :thumbup:

I think a local meet is on the cards :smile:

Yes mate, we really do. Should be able to find a decent weekend when people are free in the near future, just need the weather to behave itself!

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice LY
shut the bloody door its cold lol
very nice pics mate

Thanks Roy :smile:

I aim to please!

You are showing you age with comments like that lol! :wink:

lol the strines are quiet tricky, plus there bamford moor and then roads out to chatsworth house and beyond you could go for miles on twisty if you know where to look lol

The strines is a good road, but has an awful surface, it is just not possible to drive fast over there, unless you want to destror your car!! :worried:

It was really rough going - I don't know if it is just that I haven't given it some for a while but but it wasn't as good as other runs. Well seeing as you seem to know them all we will have to have a jaunt out at some point either over the winter or early spring. Is it bad that I have heard of Chatsworth House but never realised where it was lol!?

Yeah id be up for that not sure the roads round there would be good in winter though lol, the roads on the strines can be rough and knackered an alloy and sliced a tyre open on my 172 years ago on there

The strines is a good road, but has an awful surface, it is just not possible to drive fast over there, unless you want to destror your car!! :worried:

Yes it is :smiley: the bumpy straight as you go down to the pub from the A57 is great :smiley: you can easily get in the trebles if your foolish enough.

Seriously though, i've driven it over + over for years so I know where the humps + bumps throw you. Cracking road if your used to it, all the way down to Bolsterstone :smiley: Even more fun in a works transit van :tongueout:

Yes it is :smiley: the bumpy straight as you go down to the pub from the A57 is great :smiley: you can easily get in the trebles if your foolish enough.

Seriously though, i've driven it over + over for years so I know where the humps + bumps throw you. Cracking road if your used to it, all the way down to Bolsterstone :smiley: Even more fun in a works transit van :tongueout:

Yea I use it quite alot as I live just outside Bolsterstone! If I was going over it a hire or courtesy car then it would be alot of fun!!! :smiley: