L33th3tr33's Ultra red 197

Still not sure, the black suits the LY so well!

Shame sparco dont do them in white. If anyone can find me a set of white wheels a similar price that fit ill be tempted!

Right, long time no see. I've been mega busy with work, moving house again and a new job so not had any time free....

I'm going to be selling up as I'm in need of a family car and the clio isn't any fun trying to get a baby in the back, and not even possible without any rear seats!
I'll be sad to see it go as it's not even seen the track, but needs must. I'll still be around so I can see all your progress and eye up which one I want to buy when I'm able to get another [emoji6]

If anyone is interested in buying, fire me a pm.

after all that work it sucks you have to sell up but needs must !
Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It is pretty heartbreaking but with a new house on the way and a baby with a marriage planned in the near future, I need something with a decent amount of space. Don't worry, I'll be back to do it all again!

good luck mate..hope we will see you again in something nimble soon :thumb:

So the Clio is gone, not too far from me and to someone that I know will take care of it.

I have my replacement after driving 3 hours to pick it up. Now I don't buy any old boring stuff, so although it's 'just' an A4 Avant, it has the rare votex oe body kit, half leather/suede and best of all it's a quattro [emoji48] all for the small sum of £1100 [emoji108]
Doesn't tidy up too bad either.

Going through my shed I've found my replacement gearbox that I never fitted, if anyone wants this for cheap, let me know.5b9a6bc769f710a98a71f5764cd40f78.jpg

Reactions: Big Ben
Glad your back in a good looking car. Don’t be a stranger stay with the forum:thumb:
I'm staying away from clubs and the 'scene' from now on as there's just too much negativity. It seems this is the only place there isn't any of that, which is nice, so I'll be checking in every now and again.

So the Clio is gone, not too far from me and to someone that I know will take care of it.

I have my replacement after driving 3 hours to pick it up. Now I don't buy any old boring stuff, so although it's 'just' an A4 Avant, it has the rare votex oe body kit, half leather/suede and best of all it's a quattro [emoji48] all for the small sum of £1100 [emoji108]
Doesn't tidy up too bad either.

Going through my shed I've found my replacement gearbox that I never fitted, if anyone wants this for cheap, let me know.View attachment 121006

Pm me about your gearbox I’m interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as Ben said..dont feel like you dont belong just because you dont own a french hot hatch anymore..
your new car looks great tbh..

Reactions: l33th3tr33
as Ben said..dont feel like you dont belong just because you dont own a french hot hatch anymore..
your new car looks great tbh..
Oh don't worry, I feel right at home here so im not worried about being here and not owning a Clio [emoji23]
Thanks, I'm really happy with it, it even got me through the recent snow with summer tyres on!
Bargain that! Bet your chuffed.
More than happy with it, it was priced low due to needing a few issues (mainly scratched switches etc) sorting but nothing I cant handle. I had a saloon a while back so know my way around it already, luckily.

Reactions: Pav
So a quick rundown on the new steed that has replaced the 330ci behind it.

197 nimbus
FSH
Nothing special in terms of extras -
Xenons with cornering lights
climate
cabasse system

Jobs already done -

Toyosport manifold to replace blowing oem (fun)
poly upper and lower torque mounts
Oil change
Thermostat
Cone filter
Painted inlet manifold
Decent head unit fitted
Underseat subwoofer
A few bulbs replaced

To do -

Replace wheels - The standard 197 alloys are damaged, front drivers has been welded previously and the passenger has recently gained a dent on the inner lip that is losing air fully in about 4 days which let me tell you, is very inconvenient. Rears seem fine though and good condition. Ordered a set of laguna silverstones as replacements until I have an excuse to find something lightweight, probably end up getting something like Autec wizards again.

Belts are due soon, that takes priority.

In the meantime there are plenty of little jobs to do that will keep me busy.

Pics to follow.

So a quick rundown on the new steed that has replaced the 330ci behind it.

197 nimbus
FSH
Nothing special in terms of extras -
Xenons with cornering lights
climate
cabasse system

Jobs already done -

Toyosport manifold to replace blowing oem (fun)
poly upper and lower torque mounts
Oil change
Thermostat
Cone filter
Painted inlet manifold
Decent head unit fitted
Underseat subwoofer
A few bulbs replaced

To do -

Replace wheels - The standard 197 alloys are damaged, front drivers has been welded previously and the passenger has recently gained a dent on the inner lip that is losing air fully in about 4 days which let me tell you, is very inconvenient. Rears seem fine though and good condition. Ordered a set of laguna silverstones as replacements until I have an excuse to find something lightweight, probably end up getting something like Autec wizards again.

Belts are due soon, that takes priority.

In the meantime there are plenty of little jobs to do that will keep me busy.

Pics to follow.
With the Toyosport manifold would the mot be an issue? My oem has just gone and I'm thinking too as a cheeky upgrade but was going to put an akrapovic on aswell but don't want to spend the extra cash if I won't be able to use it on the road still.
Thanks

If you replace the OEM manifold you will lose the pre-cat. A Toyo does not have a pre/cat in it. An Akra does not have a cat but is still legal with emissions as the pre-cat is enough.

A Toyo manifold with an Akra would be the same as a fully decated exhaust system.

With the Toyosport manifold would the mot be an issue? My oem has just gone and I'm thinking too as a cheeky upgrade but was going to put an akrapovic on aswell but don't want to spend the extra cash if I won't be able to use it on the road still.
Thanks

As above. From what I understand, multiple people claim that they can pass an MOT with the decat manifold but keeping the secondary cat, I still have a standard exhaust after the manifold so I'm going to test my luck come MOT time, and if not I'll get my standard one repaired.

Went for a drive nice and early to avoid all the sunday drivers, parked up somewhere for 5 mins, and the car wouldn't start. Wonderful.
So after using breakdown for the first time in my life, I got a jumpstart and was told to buy a new battery.

So new mods -

Battery.

That is all.

Right, so here's a mediocre update of where the car stands, after a load of crap weather I finally got my B pillar vinyl changed today. There's a common trend where I end up with a car with some form of paint defect/s and this one is no different, As I was removing the old vinyl with a heat gun and plastic scraper I was greeted by a few patches of grey/ beige and we all know what that means.... missing paint. The paint under the vinyl was coming straight off in places with little persuasion, but luckily the majority was fine. It's all hidden now but both clips on the bottom window rubber were already snapped, and the drivers side had nice blobs of superglue so they've obviously been off at some point for whatever reason, so that's more parts added to the list along with the seals as they're basically non existent.

Finally some pics...

PXL_20230312_121041981.jpgPXL_20230312_121049952.jpgPXL_20230312_121108104.jpgPXL_20230312_121118630.jpgPXL_20230312_121129424.jpg

List of things done so far -

Laguna wheels.
B pillar vinyls.
Toyosport manifold.
Upper and lower torque mounts (powerflex).
Various degraded hoses replaced with silicone, not sure If I'll stick with yellow.
Paper cone filter from my old 197, unsure of brand but will do for now until I get some silicone hoses to replace the standard ribbed elbow.
Painted inlet and carbon badge, again not sure I'll stick with the colour but it needs lacquer if it's staying grey and a decal for the badge.
Shift knob with peasant spec adapter, just to see if I like the feel and height, it's alright but would like a proper shifter at some point.
New wiper blades and mechanism stripped and regreased.
Brakes cleaned and greased front and rear.

Car is booked in for belts next week at mendip auto services and then I'll concentrate on a general tidy up inside and out while gathering parts.

End goal for the car is similar to my old 197, with more of a track focus. There's plenty of projects on here for inspiration and the general level of work seems to be much higher these days so I've got my work cut out, but I'm looking forward to it.