kw v1

i was going to get springs, mainly because the 197 ride 2 high! I read a few threads saying that with cup suspension springs were a bad idea. This true?

Anyway kw v1's...are much do they lower buy? any pics? I think kwv3 for me would be pointless as id never adjust the height. so kwv1s seem the best option.

Some people don't seem to mind springs with the Cup dampers, but I personally found that the H&R springs completely ruined the ride for me. Unless a road was perfectly smooth and flat, the car became a bit of a handful at speed, and it was far too crashy over potholes etc, and far less predictable. That said, I know people like Kev on here has them, and doesn't have a problem.

My mate has V1's on his 197 and after driving it, I wanted some immediately. The overall ride quality, turn in, grip... everything, is noticeably better. I'd agree with you that V3's are a bit OTT, and some properly set up V1's will do most people.

Here are a few pics of his 197:

4193487974_b38436dfc8_b.jpg

4192733231_c6498a1bea_b.jpg

Also, note that he has removed his rear seats too, so it used to sit a touch lower at the back with the extra 15KG or so.

If you can afford them, then buy them. I am, if I keep mine.

Cheers,

Russ.

He mentioned me at the bottom too!

He did the RenaultSport trackday recently and did rather well... a testament to the coilovers. I think he says in Redline that they are his favourite upgrade :smile:

mines on v1's too.
just look for my pics in the galery.
mine are all the way down at the rear and about 1.5" left to go down on the front.

i was just going to go with k tec. i find it hard to find places that stock 197 up grades,

another question..having the kw v1's will this affect how many people i can put in the car? i had my zetec s lowered 35 mm and couldnt put anymore than 2 ppl in the back or it would scrape, if they wer fat bast***s even 2 was a bit risky! :lol:

ive had me, my mom and dad and 2 suitcases in the boot(took them to airport) and no problems at all.

V1's are going to be 1 of my first upgrades when i get mine! keep us updated on how you get on,iv seen them on yozzasports website for £650 odd not sure if thats including the VAT?

J

Im going to be ordering from them for obvious reasons! even with the 10% off at ktec its a miles off the price. i wonder is yoz do discounts for members?

Did you order them? ;>
J

Be extra carefull since there is two types of KW 1 Variant.

I got this reply from Kam Racing for the KW Variant 1

Standard is 657£ with V.A.T
Inox is 807,30£ with V.A.T

"Thanks. Can I confirm that its the standard variant 1 rather than the
varient 1 inox you are after?

Kev