ktec intake for 200..worth fitting?

Is the ktec intake kit worth fitting to my rs200.or will it loose power torque?

Cheers

You're bottom end will be far better (not talking about your bum either), top end will remain the same but will have one hell of a grunt to it sound wise.

You won't lose any power, but you won't gain any unless you map it and even then you'll gain up to 5BHP. You won't get a flatspot with the intake. If you like noise, go for it.

You're bottom end will be far better (not talking about your bum either), top end will remain the same but will have one hell of a grunt to it sound wise.

You won't lose any power, but you won't gain any unless you map it and even then you'll gain up to 5BHP. You won't get a flatspot with the intake. If you like noise, go for it.
What's the system like for cars that spend most of their time around town?

What's the system like for cars that spend most of their time around town?

Brilliant, far more responsive. If you don't want the grunt at low RPM, don't mash the throttle; that's it. If you want the grunt, just full throttle everywhere. It's loud but extremely manageable.

Brilliant, far more responsive. If you don't want the grunt at low RPM, don't mash the throttle; that's it. If you want the grunt, just full throttle everywhere. It's loud but extremely manageable.
Sounds like I need to buy one now! Although how do you think it deals with heat soak compared to the standard system as thats really my only worry.

I hated mine, sold it within a couple of weeks..

Your not going to see huge gains with it, slightly more responsive (not a huge amount) and minimal bhp difference.

I travelled early in the morning and any slight labour on the engine, when you could perhaps change gear (for example I went up a slight hill everyday and always took it in 5th, but it put more labour on the engine when going up the hill and would just make a horrible noise) and you just got a huge induction noise, which is great when your driving the car hard, but for me when I didnt want it, it wasn't pleasant.

Sounds like I need to buy one now! Although how do you think it deals with heat soak compared to the standard system as thats really my only worry.

Heat Soak only in heavy traffic. Once you start going again, it goes away rather quickly. Tbh, you wont notice it unless it's roasting outside and you're not going anywhere. The way they've designed it is to avoid as much heat soak as possible. It's not a simple cone, there is method in the madness.

I hated mine, sold it within a couple of weeks..

Your not going to see huge gains with it, slightly more responsive (not a huge amount) and minimal bhp difference.

I travelled early in the morning and any slight labour on the engine, when you could perhaps change gear (for example I went up a slight hill everyday and always took it in 5th, but it put more labour on the engine when going up the hill and would just make a horrible noise) and you just got a huge induction noise, which is great when your driving the car hard, but for me when I didnt want it, it wasn't pleasant.

I do disagree Chris! All you need to do is downshift to keep the revs up and you don't labour the engine at all. To be honest, it helped my MPG lol! When I put it on and I heard it grunting at low RPM, I would shift to get the revs up, it's a nice telltale sign actually.

Regarding response, I noticed a massive difference actually. It responds far better on-and-off the throttle and had better low down power.

I can't hear my induction kit anymore since I've put my Scorpion exhaust on, a little disappointed as I quite liked the sound from the induction but I'm sure it's good for the outside audience lmao.

Last edited:
I've had two -- on 1st car I hated it . This was completely standard car. Sounded crap .

2nd car mapped - exhaust etc -- I like'd it. Feel noticeable difference when put it on aswell. Maybe exhaust tones it down abit

My 197 had a scorpion system on it also and it even drowned that out.. I noticed minimal throttle response difference...

My point exactly Kaz, I realise the clios are not commuting cars but at 5am going up a slight hill which didn't really warrant a gear change, sight labour on the engine and masses of induction noise which I didn't want, infact a complete pain of a noise. Granted though when singing on a run out, it sounded good, just not enough to warrant it on a daily basis...

Not used one myself but from experience on previous petrol hot hatches I've owned, especially N/A, go for an enclosed intake system. That being said, if anyone would like to donate one for testing I'd be more than happy to try it out :d

When I had my EP3 Type R I tried about 3-4 different intake setups before settling on an ITG Maxogen and I tried all sorts, even something called a CAI system which basically places the filter outside of the engine bay in a wheel arch. It worked to an extent but with all the wet weather we get it was just too much of a risk to take, be brilliant in a hot country like Spain though. I know it's a different car/setup but I just don't believe in open style filters in the engine bay on N/A cars, they don't need the massive boost in airflow like is required when you tune a turbo car.

Buy it, run it, if you dont like it sell it.
adding to the sensory experience of the Clio is a great thing!

Well I bought the ktec kit and it feels like it's improved the low down torque and seams to rev a little better all way through and it sounds mental.money well spent I think.

Well I bought the ktec kit and it feels like it's improved the low down torque and seams to rev a little better all way through and it sounds mental.money well spent I think.

I agree completely! More response and lower down seems to be much more free.

You'll get used to it within a couple of days, but the noise, if you like noise, you'll love it always. After I jump out of my Girlfriends granny fiesta and in to mine, a smile is smacked on my face.

Like I said though, if you do commuting early in the morning like Chris, try to avoid mashing the throttle. My car could be heard from a quarter mile away on a quiet night with JUST the intake. Sometimes you can't help the sound though, anything over half throttle will bring it on.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention! Make sure you bend the ECU (I think it's the ECU?) cable away from the cone or when you're on and off the throttle, with the engine moving, it'll eventually damage the cone. It's a stiff cable so just move it away and it should stay!

Please don't do this! THIS will get you heat soak, I felt it straight away, loss of top end power.
You will get heatsoak from a £250 open cone one too , despite the heat shield. Stick with OEM and save your money is my advice. Or buy the component parts separately and make your own like on the 1*2s (cheaper)

You will get heatsoak from a £250 open cone one too , despite the heat shield. Stick with OEM and save your money is my advice. Or buy the component parts separately and make your own like on the 1*2s (cheaper)

I do agree with you! However, the way KTEC's has been designed means that you literally only have heat soak on a hot day sitting in traffic. Once you start moving, it goes away very quickly. It's really quite good.