Ktec exhaust with decat

Thanks for that information mate I think mines loud as it is lol can only imagine howmgood yours sounds, ill give it a miss then if it fails the mot mite just got for the crackle remap ktec do :smile:

Does anyone have any videos of a Ktec+decat with a maxogen fitterd

mine before they Y pipe with ktec cat back + decat and custom maxogen setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsv4oXNctDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_VoEpmTTBY

you get the odd pop and crackle with this setup and it sounds equally as good as with the Y pipe,you just don't get the pop/crack on every change

At maxogen may have to be purchased quite soon lol, would I see decant gains when I have it remapped from the exhaust 63 or 64 mil throttle body and maxogen

Reactions: Mikeb200
At maxogen may have to be purchased quite soon lol, would I see decant gains when I have it remapped from the exhaust 63 or 64 mil throttle body and maxogen

you''ll see somewhere in the region of 10bhp mate,give or take 3-4 bhp,the car does feel so much better after a good remap though bud

I may skip the maxogen and throttle body yet and go straight for the remap uncertain as of yet, I need to get off the power trip ill be talking cams soon haha

I may skip the maxogen and throttle body yet and go straight for the remap uncertain as of yet, I need to get off the power trip ill be talking cams soon haha

ideally for the best results every mod should be mapped in bud so i'd try and do as much as poss before getting it mapped,expense is the only problem,:worried:

your car will run fine with most mods its just you might not feel the full benefit until its mapped to suit

most companys will map your car for lets say £300 for arguements sake,then if you make any further mods they will simply tweak the map for you so you just pay by the hour,i paid for an hour and a halfs labour to have my Y pipe mapped in so a fair bit cheaper than paying for another full map

Last edited:
Glad u like your ktec Josh!

I've got a ktec, decat and maxogen and sounds pretty good, similar to how Henderson's sounds in the vid's above.

Mine never pops or bangs only maybe once when it's cold, I'd love it to all the time but with out changing the overall sound of the exhaust. Suppose I could get that from a y pipe or removing the silencer maybe.

This crackle remap sounds tempting though, is ktec the only place that does this ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info lads looks like I need a maxogen in my life get Christmas out the way and you will be getting a smoggy mark.

I want the crackle map Ktec are doing aswell but they are miles always from me,
I'm unsure tbh mason only saw it the otherday on there Facebook page

I'll go and get a video during my lunch break of my car with the crackle map.

I don't have a camera man available though so not sure I can do a drive by, just a stationary rev up.

:smile:

I'll go and get a video during my lunch break of my car with the crackle map.

I don't have a camera man available though so not sure I can do a drive by, just a stationary rev up.

:smile:

Yeah that would be good just been look at videos of this on there Facebook page, I wish they were closer to me.

Your are right mark I was watching videos I a Ktec exhaust with decat before I got one and its nothing like listening to it in person.

Not the best video in the world but I didn't get a second chance to record.

First pass is to show how it sounds as you come of throttle, this is a nice sound and only really happens above 4k RPM....very burbly. Then if you have your volume up a bit you can hear the change from second into third as I get back on the throttle, some lovely bangs on gear change!! Very WRC :smile:

I did a stationary rev-up too, you can hear the crackles, I have to admit the video really doesnt do it justice, sounds less cracky and tinny in real life.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZQ4HrijTB0

Love it....My friends think it sounds awesome too, cant wait to get it on the track, thats when most people compliment :smile:

Can someone tell me, with a decat on, will the management light come on?

Or will there be no issues?

No noticed them on mine but I never really noticed them before, car seems faster like its freed it up, the crackles and pops are nice to lol