Knockhill trackday pictures (LOTS!)

I was at Knockhill yesterday for the last 'hot marques' track day this year. I thought it would have been busier but there was still some nice cars there. I'm really needing to get another lens with a better zoom for closer shots.

Some of the clio
DSC_0212.jpg
DSC_0227.jpg
DSC_0238.jpg
DSC_0241.jpg
DSC_0258.jpg
DSC_0288.jpg
DSC_0290.jpg

chasing a subaru
DSC_0325.jpg

passing it
DSC_0326.jpg

Last edited:
fantastic pics mate,

the passing shot is very good,

not to busy out on track was it, did you get many laps in, ?

55mm lense on a nikon d40 :tongueout:

come on mark, splash out. i bought one of these last week. love it!!

canon_70-200_4L_usm_lens_big.jpg

Car looking awesome :thumbup1:, cool pics too.

Can you post some pics of your car close up and some details on your wheels? Remember seen them on the old site, so nice planning a set myself.

thanks for the comments :smile:

the track wasn't busy at all, which was a big disappointment I usually get to try the car up against a wider selection.

down the back section where I was following the subaru is where the cars at it's best, once its on the big staights it gets shown up :'( It was also stuck to a new porsche turbos bumper through there, mainly because he couldnt find enough grip to out-do the 197 and the track was too wet to exploit the power but it still puts a big smile on your face lol

RS197 & carlo_sg the wheels are OZ Ultraleggera 17"x8" with an offset of ET55 and toyo R888's which are alot of fun in the wet and amazing in the dry.

m.barnes is that lens on amazon ? do you have a link or anyone have any other suggestions for a lens with a better zoom?

Last edited:
the tyre size on them is 235/40 R17 but they look better with a road tyre on as the R888's have a very straight sidewall with an overhanging tread for when your leaning hard as opposed to the rounded top of the conti's (which will fit as a straight swap on a 17x8 wheel saving you some dosh :tongueout:).

i am getting some ultras this week :smile:

the lense i have is a canon f4l 70-200mm. Bought it second hand for 400 i think. Its brilliant if a little much. The l standard is top of the canon range. Ultra quick focus. Will post some pics from the btcc up tonight. Give you a taster. Tbh for car shots you dont need an l lense. But a 200mm will be perfect.