Keyless entry and lock

Kinda ;/ for asking this but how do you unlock the steering so you can turn it left/right without starting the engine? Didn't want to open a new thread for this but can't find a "how to" in my book and really don't know how to do this :rain:

If you press the start button without depressing the brake or clutch the clocks and radio come on, but I can't remember if it unlocks the steering. There must be some way of doing it though. Have you tried putting the card in the slot and pressing the start button without the clutch or brake?

If you press the start button without depressing the brake or clutch the clocks and radio come on, but I can't remember if it unlocks the steering. There must be some way of doing it though. Have you tried putting the card in the slot and pressing the start button without the clutch or brake?

Tried to push the button and the clock, radio,....went on just the steering was still locked. Couldn't find anything about this in my manual. Will try the card in slot option - thanks :smile:

try starting the car with card in slot and then switch off leaving card in slot...

Let me know if it works...

try starting the car with card in slot and then switch off leaving card in slot...

Let me know if it works...

Tried this and it works but tbh I never start the car for 5-10sec cause I always let the car warm up a bit and then drive it so the engine gets warm enough. So this is not such a good option but it works.

Mine has started doing the same so i have gone for the cheapest option and brought two batteries (CR2025) fitted them in and it seems to be ok , but only time will tell

That for the key card??

My passenger side still locks keylessly with the button in the handle...

The passengers side button has just stopped locking on ours too.... I'll have to see if I can get the handle off to look at it...

I just had a handle replaced. Parts cost is £270 + VAT IIRC and it's 4hrs labour. Fortunately RUK agreed cover the bulk of the cost with me just paying 5% of the parts cost, because the fault was identified prior to the warranty expiring.

I just had a handle replaced. Parts cost is £270 + VAT IIRC and it's 4hrs labour. Fortunately RUK agreed cover the bulk of the cost with me just paying 5% of the parts cost, because the fault was identified prior to the warranty expiring.

:zomg:.......really

door handle around £60 and i can change it in under 1hr :thumbup1:

You got massively over charged there mate. You don't even have to buy the handle. You can separate the handle and replace the switch. Takes me around 30 mins to do but I have done my fair share and work at a dealer

To unlock steering lock without starting--------
get in car with your card in your hand, lock and unlock vehicle with buttons on card. Put card in slot and then depress start/stop button for around 5 seconds. You will hear ignition come on fully and steering unlock
To turn ignition off press the start/stop button twice and remove card

the passenger side on mine "decides" to sometimes not lock, but it aways lets me in via it.

Very strange...

thats because you use the button to lock and sensor behind the handle senses your card to unlock.

You got massively over charged there mate. You don't even have to buy the handle. You can separate the handle and replace the switch. Takes me around 30 mins to do but I have done my fair share and work at a dealer

Well, I only paid £10 so either way I'm not too bothered! RUK paid the rest. :smile:

Made an error --- you can only get button replacements for megane and scenic. Clio has to be new handle

Made an error --- you can only get button replacements for megane and scenic. Clio has to be new handle

i did double check that when my sensor was playing up and was told that clio handle is difffernt to megane and that its only the megane buttons available

i ended up changing one at the national meet in the hotel carpark for someone :thumbup1: