Keycard not detected- Fixed

hi

Thought I should share- Both of my in use working keys failed simultaneously two days ago. failure was only related to lock/unlock from the card and handfree unlocking also not working.

Once in the car with the emergency manual key - car display said keycard not detected if I tried to start. Only way it started was if i placed the keycard in the slot.

Renault response - Possible keys failure (what are the odds of 2 simultaneous failure?) Next step was book in for an hr diag.

Rule renault monkeys diag out and whilst in london this week looked online for fixes. I found a website keyrepair.co.uk and as they were not far, I popped over and 5 mns later, they tested both cards foc and confirmed cards defo working and its the car.

With key confirmed as working I started looking at people who reprogramed keys/codes etc. Most spoke of the ECU possibly being faulty or other and booking in for diags or back to renault..

Last hope I came across this site www.renaultkeycards.com who is based in sussex and i was desperate then. I spoke to Regan who could not look into the fault for 4 days, however, he was very knowledgeable and asked lots of questions.

Regan then explained that its is not uncommon to see the ecu shut down its radio waves scanning mechanism where it maybe kept encountering radio waves interferences via phones/electrical activities etc. Some can just be plain sensitive.

He spent some time explaining resetting things by disconnecting the battery for 5 mins which should force the ecu to do fresh initial scan and hopefully cards signal would be read again. well something like that and i was mainly listening for the fixes lol. Also explained how to avoid the issue of the window opening inch by inch part after reset.

20 mins later, following Regan advise, all is now well and keycards detected/working in full. This guy gave 15 mins of his time explaining things logically and providing the simple initial things anyone can try to fix themself before getting the expert out.

The guy had no interest in turning up for a quick buck and all I can say, few genuine helpers out there and thought if any of you guys are down that way, its not a bad contact to have. Also the guys at keyrepair were decent and did not charge for testing and they do fix price keycard repair by post.

All in all good results - why the feck could renault not possibly know this. My service book had its last renault stamp. shame on them.

Hope this is useful to someone and whilst I have no affiliation with the guys mentioned, I had a very positive experience when everything was pointing at ££££

Similar Thread Suggestions