Just another week at work!

JamesS

Platinum Member
As some people have an interest in motorsport, I thought I might as well share what this week had in store for me.

Monday and Tuesday were spent out here:

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

seeing customers taking part in practice for the 500.

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

I think they should bring back chrome rims in F1!

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

Flew home Tuesday night so back at the office on Wednesday afternoon for a couple of hours. Was at a GT customer on Thursday, then Friday I popped into Brands Hatch to see a few DTM customers.

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

Left there just after a nice, but somewhat cramped lunch thanks to the pits being so cramped at Brands, and the hospitality being so far away, meaning that the teams were eating in cramped tents out the back of the garages.

On the subject of hospitality, normally Audi are hands down winners in the game of who has the biggest hospitality unit. However, BMW absolutely dwarfed them at Brands (and this year's unit is about half the size of last year's!).

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

I was quite surprised that they bring all their own catering and waiting staff with them from Germany for the race.

So, left Brands after lunch, straight down to Folkestone and onto the train for France. Was sat behind a new Evoque, which actually looked really nice from the rear!

IMG_0691.jpg

Friday night's destination was the Nurburgring for the 24 hour race.

Have spent the last two days at the track seeing customers. For the first time in the race's history it starts on Sunday and finishes on Monday (Monday is a public holiday in Germany).

Below is a random assortment of photos taken in the lead-up to the start of the race. As this is a Clio forum, I best start with some photos of one of the Clios taking part in the race.

IMG_0694.jpg

The arch extensions were nice, but the rear wheels look seriously lost in those rear arches!

IMG_0703.jpg

The infamous Opel Manta complete with fox tail on the aerial!

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

The following pictures were taken on the grid, prior to the start of the race.

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

Now you see it........
IMG_0734.jpg

Now you don't!
IMG_2907.jpg
(I'm not kidding, there is actually the 007 car just behind that bird with the number 2 board!).

And just to finish off the thread, some pretty ladies.

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

Sadly I have meetings tomorrow, so have just left a soaking wet track to get a few hours kip, and then driving back home tomorrow.

It's fair to say this week has been quite a special one!