Just about to order ...

... two new tyres for the front of the 200. Currently, as per standard, it's sat on Continental SportContact 3 87W (215/45/17).

I've got a price here of £261 to fit two.

But I've also got a price here to fit the newer SportContact 5's (91W though) at £264.

Which should I choose? Opinions appreciated :huh:

I have no experience with the 5 but it is supposed to be a good improvement on the 3. So I'd go for that. Certainly wont be worse that's for sure!

For the sake of £3 I'd go for the 5's. They are supposed to be the better tyre choice so it's worth a punt :smile:

I've got the 5s on mine but didn't pay that much lol
Couldn't tell you the difference as I don't drive it:-(

Funny how people on the official renaultsport forum suggest the standard SC3, yet people on the clio197.net forum suggest the SC5.

Funny how people on the official renaultsport forum suggest the standard SC3, yet people on the clio197.net forum suggest the SC5.

Could be because on the official site there will be more die hard keep it standard owners.

Where as over here you'll find a lot of owners are up for a bit more tweeking here and there and trying new things that are still very high quality.

I heard that the 5s have less tread to begin with.. out of interest why does the other forum recommend 3s ?