Jack for a Clio200 with Cup pack

...I know you dont get a Jack with the cup suspension....cant work out why....can any non-cup owners post a pic of the jack in position in the boot....is this the same as you get on the standard car? I want to get hold of one to go with my spare wheel!

Renault don't supply a jack as the chassis is too stiff (!) and they fear that us inept users would somehow manage to topple our cars over...

As far as I know it's the same jack as in any 197 or 200.

...cheers guys....it is very odd that you don't get a jack, at first I though it was to do with the chassis being too stiff, but I don't see how this is any different from a trolly jack at the end of the day....Renault wont sell me one so without a reg number...if I give them mine they wont sell me one cos its the cup chassis...can't win.....none on ebay any where....its pretty frustrating! Will see if a standard Clio jack is the same. My mate has a Dynamique...if his jack fits the space and works I will use his reg to get the jack....

I have several trolley/bottle jacks, but they're not really ideal for stowing in the boot.

I'm on the look out for an OE jack too, I asked my dealer but he wasn't sure what the score was.

The official line from Jeremy Townsend at Renault UK -

Jeremy RUK said:
It's not fitted because the Cup chassis is so stiff that jacking the front or rear of the car will also raise both wheels in the air. Therefore, unless the opposite wheels are secured (with a block or such), there's a risk that the car could move and topple off the jack.

:thumb1:

^^^^exactly....it also does it if you use a trolley jack....infact most modern road cars will do this. I find it very strange.....bit 'computer says no'.....I am now extremely determined to get one!!

When I got my car, I had no idea the cup packed cars didn't come with a jack.

Phoned the dealer up and asked where it was, and they sent one out to me no questions asked, and said the valeting guys must have left it out!

Wasn't a Renault dealer though so that's probably why. All the clios I've owned have raised both wheels off the ground when I jacked them up, even my MK2...