197: Its just keeps getting better

Having only owned the 197 for 3 months, I'm completely amazed at the MPG I'm getting. Over the last tank I averaged 33.5mpg. I just wasnt expecting that, I came from a Focus st170 that would never do more than 26mpg.
Properly chuffed with the car and really making me think twice about only keeping it a year and then shopping it in for a ST3.:thumbup:

Having only owned the 197 for 3 months, I'm completely amazed at the MPG I'm getting. Over the last tank I averaged 33.5mpg. I just wasnt expecting that, I came from a Focus st170 that would never do more than 26mpg.
Properly chuffed with the car and really making me think twice about only keeping it a year and then shopping it in for a ST3.:thumbup:

Good stuff mate, think mine sits on about 30, they aren't as bas as every one makes out and TBH if anyone wants mpg they need a diesel. Cant get performance and economy in one package.

Was it you I saw in Sainsburys - http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15175

I agree if you don't drive hard everywhere then good mpg is easily possibly. I'm getting about 31mpg. That's with driving casually to work and driving hard when I see fit :wink:

Im using the 197 as a daily now, driving a bit like a granny and been getting 36-38 everyday over a 60ish mile drive. 6th gear at 55mph.

Filled up monday, and been back and forth to work all week, about 60 miles round trip, some motorway mostly twisty A roads, seems every tractor in Ireland been on the roads this week, checked the MPG today 37.4... and thats with giving her the beans blitzing past the slow coaches. mega impressed, seems cruise control at 62mph in 6th ticking along at about 2900 rpm is the sweet spot

I said this when I bought the car. Its a daily driver used to head into leeds during the rush hour everyday. It has to be economical, people who say these cars shouldn't been used for such a mundane task...PISH!

For the first couple weeks I was averaging between 21-23mpg. Had the car just over 2 months now and the highest i've seen is 28mpg. 95% of my driving is around the City.

I said this when I bought the car. Its a daily driver used to head into leeds during the rush hour everyday. It has to be economical, people who say these cars shouldn't been used for such a mundane task...PISH!

Ah, I think I have seen you going in, do you usually have people with you?

Filled up monday, and been back and forth to work all week, about 60 miles round trip, some motorway mostly twisty A roads, seems every tractor in Ireland been on the roads this week, checked the MPG today 37.4... and thats with giving her the beans blitzing past the slow coaches. mega impressed, seems cruise control at 62mph in 6th ticking along at about 2900 rpm is the sweet spot

Cruise control is ftw - fact.

just checked mine 23.4 average lol only drive it at weekends!

Hi Mate,

I am averaging the same 23.4MPG. I only do around 14miles a day 5 days a week,that includes to and from work and i'm only getting the above MPG. I only do urban driving. I have done a couple of motorway journeys and the most I have got out of the car is 34mpg. It's weird how some 197's can achieve a big mpg figure and the other ones can with the same engine block inside. I know it's all down in driving style but I don't drive hard all the time just now and again.