ITG panel filter or maxogen induction kit?

im a bit of a silent member, but after alot of reading, aparrently the standerd filter isnt restrictive at all, so a aftermarket filter will be near on a waist of money.
At the end of the day you get what you pay for, the maxogen is on my shopping list atm, and its results are a furyed debate ( theres a great read on them somwhere), but honestly i would go for the maxogen, then the remap to smooth out them bumps :wink:

For the money and given that it's around a 5BHP gain on an NA engine, I think they're probably worth it.

Similar gains to what the V6 Airbox gives, but a whole lot less work to fit and a sh!t lot easier to find.

i'd hang fire and wait to see what fernandez's R3 airboxes are like,the maxi is good and sounds absolutely awesome but "IF" the R3 airbox is better and around the same price you'll be cheesed off,ktec also have something new in the pipeline and i've read a few members on here have tested it with good gains but there not letting on what it looks like yet,got a feeling it will be like the R3 box

yeah you'll need a smaller battery,i use a varley red top 15 as i have a custom maxi setup at the minute

Last edited:
Cheers guys, yeah could wait a while then haven't heard about these R3 airboxes yet, any idea when they will be on sale?

I couldn't resist and have just bought an ITG panel filter to replace the KTEC panel filter that is currently in the car an was fitted before I purchased it.

The Maxogen would be something that I would have picked out of the two but can't afford to throw £250 away at present and also get a remap to follow. Besides the standard air intake system on the clio is good. :smile:

I wouldnt mind a smaller battery either, I'm all for weight saving anyway :tongueout:

if your after a smaller battery try rally design they were the cheapest.Keep a eye open on fleebay for a maxogen they pop up on there now and then.They are a lot better than a ITG panel filter.

i had a maxogen in my RB sounds the business, had it along with a remap aswell and transformed the car,pulls alot stronger and accelerates alot better and the growl through the rev range is awesome..

What's she like without a remap out of curiousity?
Running mine without a map,when i first fitted it with the standard battery and ITG pipe it felt ok but when fitted the varley red top battery and 90 degree pipe it felt more urgent and sounded even better.I will map it at some point so even more fun to come.