Itg Maxogen Replacement.

Makaveli160

Paid Member
As above i bought the car with an ITG induction kit.

And after reading that thread about the standard air intake im thinking about changing back to it.

Is there a real difference as i know everyone on here says to stick to the standard system?

Also how much roughly would i be looking at for the complete standard airbox + all original pipes?

Thanks

you might be better asking if anyone wants to do a swap, that way it wont cost you anything to put it back to standard.
theres always people after ITG induction kits just for the noise they make.

Dont know yet if id want to swap, if you search 'clio 197 itb' on youtube its similar obviously taking away the fact it hasnt got itb, but its a very similar grunty high reving sound.

I actually love the sound just sometimes the car feels really fast and other days it doesnt, but thats probably just the car lol

Someone on here has recently had a rolling road done and found that the itg maxogen was beneficial when coupled with a remap. So may be worth investigating a bit further? Not sure?

Do you know what sort of gains they made?

As mine was bought with a remap, but thinking about having it done again as i dont know where or how good the remap is as i have nothing to compare it to.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact the end o the induction hose is just jammed down beside the battery, so im assuming there is sufficient air flow over there, and reasonably cool with it being right over to the side?

Thanks