is there much difference between r27 F1 and a 200

Never driven a 200 but would say apart from front/interior styling and a very slight power increase nothing different.

Yeah apart from visual, and the slight power increase the 200 gearbox has different ratios IIRC.

F1 has Cup pack as standard, extra tinted rear windows, Recaro seats, decals, number plaque, shorter gear ratios, anthracite alloys.

And i've read they were made on the special production line as opposed to the standard Clio one.

F1 has Cup pack as standard, extra tinted rear windows, Recaro seats, decals, number plaque, shorter gear ratios, anthracite alloys.

And i've read they were made on the special production line as opposed to the standard Clio one.

All RS Clios were built on a separate production line from standard Clios (in Dieppe).

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
I can't see there being much difference at all, especially is you've got a like for like spec. I've played with the idea of swapping my R27 for a raider or similar but I can't justify the price for what is going to be essentially the same car with slightly different looks.

I can't see there being much difference at all, especially is you've got a like for like spec. I've played with the idea of swapping my R27 for a raider or similar but I can't justify the price for what is going to be essentially the same car with slightly different looks.
As time has elapsed so has the exclusivity of certain specifications.

For example, the F1 model was the launch of the cup pack and it wasn't available as an option until later on the standard RS Clio's. Having said that, I do like owning one of a few limited editions, despite the now negligible differences.

In a nutshell, no. There are technical and visual differences, as has been said, but ultimately they are the same car, the 200 just being a newer version of the 197/R27. Some people may be able to tell the difference when driving each of them, but there's no night and day differences that would be immediately obvious.

For example, the F1 model was the launch of the cup pack and it wasn't available as an option until later on the standard RS Clio's. Having said that, I do like owning one of a few limited editions, despite the now negligible differences.
Also the R27 is the only 197 to come in Liquid Yellow.

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench

Totally agree, as you've said despite the very little differences now I really enjoy owning one knowing it's a limited edition, wish mine had the full decal set though because IMO I think it really makes the car. I have been tempted to buy the rest of the set but I just can't justify the cost - it's ridiculous that they were a free delete option but they want so much to replace them!

The car is 10 years old next year and it's still a bloody good looking & brilliant little car, despite the niggles every now and again I don't think I'll part with mine for a long time.

Dieppe chimps were more highly trained :wink:
Screenshot_20161108-104639_zpspgyvj7fi.png
LOOL
check around the forum there is a difference in the front suspension (cant tell where exactly)
which improve its handling and feedback from steering(i didnt feelt that tbh but some well trained drivers noticed that)
uhmm and as said above .
p.s R27 and 197 same chassis?(thought R27 has cup chassis)

In general its the same car, dont k ow how much difference does a 3bhp make but its there apparently, 1st and 2nd gear is shorter iirc and the rest of the gears are the same as the R27, the R27 gearbox was a longer in 5th and 6th than the early 197s, also cup chassis has been further stiffened on the 200, the steering rack on cupped 200 is shorter than that of the 197 which shared the same on cup and non cup, I think apart from these technical differences the rest of the changes are purely cosmetic. Oh and you can get a 197/R27 with xenons which were no more available on the 200

here : http://www.clio197.net/threads/clio-197-buyers-guide.19788/ good info in general about these cars that might help you
credit to noddie!
P.s i couldnt find the difference i mentioned before . (but i remember i saw it somewhere in the forum)
plus different diffuser ,dampers(iirc softer by 15% in the 200 even from the regular 197)
good luck!
* admins try to make one post with all the differences for all of us .
ive also read anti roll bars differences and etc..
we should organize all the information in one post with ALL updated differences we know so far .

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions