Ipod Adaptor

Hi all, thought id let anyone know looking for an ipod adaptor that a company i dealt with were great!

i ordered the plug and play ipod adaptor - very simple to fit, comes with the stereo clips and also instructions on how to activate the aux port etc.

cost was £35.00 including postage and packaging - ordered it on monday morning - recieved it at 11am tues morning very very quick turn around

if you wish to contact them please email Alan duff

the adapter is suitable for ALL ipod and iphone models, including the iTouch and 3GS models, and that the price is for forum members only (the usual Ebay price is higher) - who should mention the Clio forum if / when they contact Alan Duff

duff_alan@hotmail.com

any problems please let me know

thanks

dan

Last edited:
I dont think it does but if you send the guy an email im sure he will give you the answer you need

the info i got was -

I assume you have a standard Renault "Update List" radio / headunit in the Clio, and not one of the Cabasse systems, in which case you have several options, as follows (if that's not the case, please advise which system you have):

1 - Hard-wired Aux- Audio adapter, to connect behind the headunit, and to your Ipod earphone socket - available in 2 quality options, at 9.50 or 10.99 incl. P&P.
2 - Hard-wired Aux- Audio adapter, to connect behind the headunit, and to your Ipod dock connection socket - for improved audio quality, at 15.19 incl. P&P (not for iTouch models or Iphone models).
3 - Hard-wired Aux- Audio & Charging adapter, to connect behind the headunit, and to your Ipod dock connection socket, for improved audio quality and direct Ipod charging, at 35.25 incl. P&P (all Ipod / Iphone models).

If you have an earlier (firewire) type Ipod model, then a similar but cheaper audio & charging adapter may be possible instead of option 3 - this depends upon the specific Ipod model you have.

All of the above provide for high audio quality (far superior to FM based adapters), and are 'Plug & Play' adapters, provided with instructions and radio release keys included. Audio quality will be similar to CD, but, with option 1 adapters, at lower relative audio volume (earphone socket connection on the Ipod is relatively weak, and lower volume than the dock connection models).

I do not supply the Ipod adapters which enable track selection using the headunit controls - as I am not satisfied with the additional requirements these impart vis a vis Ipod memory structure: they all need the Ipod to be formatted with a specific folder structure. All of the above adapters will work with any Ipod file structure, and provide for audio control using the Renault radio controls, and track / playlist selection via the Ipod controls

hope this helps

So can use the steering controls etc to skip track with no problems yes?
Will the option 3 work with all including the older models?

thanks

I do not supply the Ipod adapters which enable track selection using the headunit controls - as I am not satisfied with the additional requirements these impart vis a vis Ipod memory structure: they all need the Ipod to be formatted with a specific folder structure. All of the above adapters will work with any Ipod file structure, and provide for audio control using the Renault radio controls, and track / playlist selection via the Ipod controls.hope this helps

Not sure this is true, mine (connects2) works fine with standard i-pod folder structure???

but what about the other 2, assume you cant on aux.
Oh and also is it the same only 5 playlists as the renault one?

I'd be wary of controlling the i-pod without the steering wheel controls, sooner or later there will be a law against it (if there isn't already).

Thinking about it, I am limited to 5 playlists but they are so long it's not an issue. For £42 the connects2 is a good solution.

I'd be wary of controlling the i-pod without the steering wheel controls, sooner or later there will be a law against it (if there isn't already).

Thinking about it, I am limited to 5 playlists but they are so long it's not an issue. For £42 the connects2 is a good solution.

may well be what i do, although im not sure yet i want to get it right first time want to be able to use the controls for everything and use any ipod with all the music even if its just all albums....

do we need such a huge box to be able to connect the iPod to the radio??????
where the hell you put this box, pls?

any other way of doing it guys?

cheers
Flacsi

My connects2 pops up inside the stereo cavity and the cable comes out into the glove box. From the glovebox you can pop the box up into the cavity easily.

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=55&cat=15&page=1

I bought this the other day and it works a treat!

My cd player is the one that has the option of putting the 6 disk changer on. This adapter just clips into the socket where the 6 disk changer would have gone. You can control the ipod off the steering wheel controls, you can change playlists, the volume, skip tracks, fast forward and rewind.

Hope this helps

Did you purchase with the bluetooth option? I have been looking into something like this for sometime now - I initially opted to use an aux lead only and pass the cable out beside the handbrake but I don't like not having chraging capability. I'm going to ask if the bluetooth is compatible with iPhone bluetooth

I have a 6 disc changer, but when I cycle through the “Source” button there is and “AUX” option. Will something like a connects2 work in the AUX port?

I have a 6 disc changer, but when I cycle through the “Source” button there is and “AUX” option. Will something like a connects2 work in the AUX port?

Not as far as I know, mine fits into the connector for the 6 cd changer only, no other cable.

hey Dan and all

I ordered the same cable from alan duff, got it already, works pretty well, thanks for the tip!
but where did you put the cable itself? I
What I mean here is I connected it to the rear end of the radio, but where did you get out the other end of the cable? glove-box? or the console below the radio? can u take a picture,pls?

cheers
Tamas