ipad

im looking at buying a new comp and mine is good, a new sony but it keeps not working.

as all my work is interent sales ie ebay amazong sage etc could i use an ipad to do all this...

was thinking i could buy an ipad and two key boards one for home and one for the office and then leave my laptop at work for things like turbo lister and dream weaver and use the pad just to answer emails and print invoices... if you can link them to a printer????

help you ipad users :tongueout:

Sounds like a great idea to be honest if all you need it for is surfing (for work) and emails etc. I think that was the whole idea of the iPad basically.

And im sure you can hook it up too a printer.

I have an iPad 3G, and to be honest you can't really work from it very well. I don't think you can print either.

Its just a big iPhone really. Only thing its really good for is games and general web browsing, not everything works well in it (ie, flash, some websites look wrong and don't work, and also you get redirected to the mobile version of some sites a lot)

Its not bad, but it won't ever replace your laptop/pc.

big put of then jase.

as i need it linked to a printer. had enough of spending loads on sony vaio's etc and them just braking. the pad looks alot more easy for me to carry about and ebay and amazon would be the main sites i use to sell goods on.

shame bout the printing thing. ruins it a lil

+ no doubt apple will bring anouther version out in 2 months lol

beacuse then thats buying a new lapytop and what i really wanted is a screen that i just carry from my work to home visa versa to its docks where i work...

by having anouther laptop that defeats the object + with macs dont you have to buy allt he soft sepratley as i need excel and had planned on just leaving my laptop inn the office and then buying the pad for answering mail on the move but then by not having a printer connection i may aswell just stay with my iphone and laptop set up lol...

seems silly just being a big phone you cant talk on...

guessing its very good for movies thoug

big put of then jase.

as i need it linked to a printer. had enough of spending loads on sony vaio's etc and them just braking. the pad looks alot more easy for me to carry about and ebay and amazon would be the main sites i use to sell goods on.

shame bout the printing thing. ruins it a lil

+ no doubt apple will bring anouther version out in 2 months lol

I'm not 100% sure on the printer thing, but if i remember you can't. My brother has got the iPad in Spain at the mo' so I can't check for you.

Why not just buy a Macbook?

Macbook would be the best way to go, my iPad cost £600. For a bit more you could get a Macbook Pro and it would help you more for what you are trying to do.

Don't get me wrong you can use sites like Amazon, etc but its not as easy and fluent to use like it is on a computer with a mouse.

I don't even like using the forums on it really, but it suits what I need it for and it is quite amazing.

its a show off item which it the other reason lol...

if the next one comes with phone. i bet you they will put them in cars quickly...

How are you gonna upload photos to ebay without a computer then? Not like you can plug your camera into an iPad, is it?

Got a USB socket then, has it?

Just looked. You have to spend even more money on a connector kit!

Last edited:
Another 25 quid, please! (for summat that should come free in the box)

Kerching! Apple are taking ze peece.

I have the 3G ipad, and love it. It does just about everything I need it to, web browsing, few little games and pics. If you dont want it to do anything serious then go for it. The only time I use my PC now is to updates and sync my iPad/iPhone.

Its great to type on imo and the battery life is brilliant. My only complaints are the lack of flash and a usb port. Apart from that I think its brilliant and I love it :smiley:

oh and you can get apps that allow you to print to a wireless printer :wink:

Looking at the Apple store reviews for the camera connector, it would seem there are compatibility issues. One reviewer has 4 cameras and the iPad only works with one of them! Perhaps that's why they stick an SD card reader in with it?

at the end of the day its only use is play stuff news and shares...

i have been reading up on them for ages and keep wanting then thinking noooooo lol.

its just not practical and apple will do the famous thing and bring out an ipad 3g825000 ss version in 2 weeks no doubt lol...

i would love one but i dont think i could live with all the issues that come with it.

it will be litrally a message and email replay machine that keeps and eye on my sales.

no more but i feel i maybe should just by a desktop work station for the office and job in this lap top for a mac maybe as then i can look the biz and not give myself headakes all the time lol.

then maybe buy one when they update it next time round with a phone or something, would be cool to be able to have a vid call on it. or use a wireless head set no :smile:

Thats similar to what I thought mate, I kept reading into them and getting loads of people saying how rubbish they were, but I gave in and brought one. I dont regret it. Its an amazin piece of kit, I know it doesn't do everything a PC/MAC will but if you dont use your PC for anything other than the basics its fine. And its great to watch films on when your out and about, or play a game of srabble :smile:

And on the update front rumour has it that there will not be an update to ipad, well not hardware wise, they have said it wont be like the iPhone and be updated with a new model every year

1264740647205.png

1264735114714.jpg

2ymf8tw.jpg

:wink::wink::wink:

Everyone who compares them to netbooks doesn't get them at all.

There is clearly a huge market for them or apple wouldn't be selling nearly 3 million a month.

Oh, this was typed from my iPad as my wife is using the MacBook! :wink:

And apple only refresh their technology annually, so there will not be a new one unveiled until March.

I love agitating apple fans, they go so upset about it :wink::wink::wink:

Tomarto, Tomato

Apple or PC

That's life