Intermittent perfromance

just throwing it out there but i have had my 197 cup for 6 months now and i swear somedays it feels flat while other days the difference "on cam" is much more noticeable and it just generally pulls better. Anyone else noticed similar? my dephaser has rattled a couple times at start up since the colder weather and i wonder if the 2 things are related.
Car is totally standard 197 cup with 55k, i don't carry excess weight in the car and never put more than £30 of fuel in at a time so there isn't a massive difference in weight

yeah i recently changed to a 182 thermostat so gets to temp really quick now but when it does it there seems to be no pattern to it, its like the VVT isnt working, there isn't that noticeable kick you get in second for instance as it comes "on cam"
going to check mine with the RSTuner later for fault codes

Is it fully warming up?

Difference in ambient temperature? Mine is/feels noticeably slower on warm days or after being stuck in traffic, however when it's cold (<10C) it flies! Always has been...

The cold has made a difference in performance on the late evening blasts.

Colder, more dense air makes the car run at lower temps and makes the car run leaner, more Hp.

Obviously a turbo car would be night and day difference. But to can certain feel the change between the summer blast and the frosty autumn drive.