Insurance

Its a hard question to answer. When I looked for mine and got qoutes, I wouldnt want to go over half that as I think its just not worth it (not the clio...just in general for any car) But it really boils down to age/area etc.

in that scenario I would definately say its worth the extra 450 over the fiesta....still a LOT of money though!

yeah thats what i was thinking but im a bit of a Renault groupie so wanted some more level headed thoughts on the matter.

The ST is great and do enjoy driving it but doesnt have that same excitment as the clio

Agree that the ST isn't that special to drive.

How long do you have to wait until your 23 or you gain a year NCB etc? Might affect it a lot.

I pay about £900 and think its a lot but I've paid more than that on much worse cars over the last few years (I'm 21 now)

na its cool, its fun and cocky but just not excited about getting into it lol

will be a year NCB and 23 lol not sure if i can wait a year lol

i payed 900 for my 200 before someone wrote it off for me which i thought was really good so is another 700 on top of last years insurance

Turning 23 wont make ANY difference from my experience! Mine stayed exactly the same at £1000 for the year with 3y ncb, thats barnsley. Its hard to say if its worth it mate, if your really that bored of the ST then go for it. But it is a lot for insurance, anything over 1200/1300 im my eyes is pricey.

haha I carried out a quick one on moneysuperrobbers.com, for a 2.5 wrx subaru, V reg, 3 points, 2 years ncb, 23 years old, lincolnshire, cheapest was £4600!!!! more than the car was!!! haha had to laugh, the most expensive was.... wait for it...... £15400!!!!!!!!!!

ive always gone on the fact if its over £1200 then you too young/ inexperienced to drive it. i know it sounds a bit harsh but just the way ive always worked ive never paid over that and had some pretty cool cars and had one writen off too

To be honest £1200 has always been my limit too as that's about what I paid for my first 1 litre car when I was 17

Honestly? No.

You'll end up spending so much money on the car, you'll resent owning it. It's dead money.

Don't want to start a riot here but Mike I disagree with you. :tongue_smilie:

I paid £3000 on my 200 last year and it was money well spent, It was a riot of a year with so many good memories. Wouldn't have changed it for the world.
This year I am now paying £1200 which I was over the moon with!

So Lloydy do it, do ,it and do it! You won't regret it, I am sure.

All insurance is essentially dead money if you don't claim, TBH it sounds like he resents the ST more than an additional £450 on insurance.

My first year was £1300 but I was expecting to pay a fair bit more.

I will give the same advice I gave Matt though; if you can park on the street do that - it is cheaper, get family members added as 'additional drivers' mum and dad/uncle auntie etc whoever has the best driving record (plenty of years experience, no claims or points in 5yrs) those two things affect your price and bring it down but don't break the rules. Always worth a try.

Similar Thread Suggestions