Inlets...what a joke!!!!

Took a set of inlets to be matched today. First time I've actually seen them off the car...Renault, what a joke. Look like they were made in the dark!!! The difference in size of some of the ports is beyond a joke....Anyway will have the returned in two weeks matched and powder coated a darker grey....

And if anyone is interested, I have a spare set ready to do the same with.....

Last edited:
Let us all know if you feel any difference, something I've thought about doing on mine but know it should really have been done before the remap

Some will be worse than others. Mine were very nearly perfect before matching from Renault, hence I notices little or no gain in this mod.

My inlets - before/after:

PC042435.jpg

PC042432.jpg

PC042464.jpg

PC052474.jpg

Power before/after:

Clio-197---DASTEK---prije-i-poslije-usisnih_torque.jpg

Clio-197---DASTEK---prije-i-poslije-usisnih_power.jpg

Without the remap that I needed to do. Just plain & simple mechanics.

according to that you gained about 8bhp at max revs? and a good healthy amount of torque.. impressive without a remap.

Thanks for posting this mate. :smile:

according to that you gained about 8bhp at max revs? and a good healthy amount of torque.. impressive without a remap.

Thanks for posting this mate. :smile:

The thing is - while logging the car - it had "knock correction" on - so you know how bad was the map in currently in the car. :smiley:

Another thing - look at the bhp chart - how power still remains the same even @ >7000rpm, and the torque at low RPM is much bigger.

I gained 2 lengths of the car (same vehicles on the same road with the same drivers as before the inlets).

Temperature in the dyno room "before the inlets" = 1°C
Temperature in the dyno room "after the inlets" = 17°C

Last edited:
The thing is - while logging the car - it had "knock correction" on - so you know how bad was the map in currently in the car. :smiley:

Another thing - look at the bhp chart - how power still remains the same even @ >7000rpm, and the torque at low RPM is much bigger.

I gained 2 lengths of the car (same vehicles on the same road with the same drivers as before the inlets).

Temperature in the dyno room "before the inlets" = 1°C
Temperature in the dyno room "after the inlets" = 17°C

After seeing these, took mine back today to port to the gasket so will be a lot wider. I have another set for sale that I intend to do the same with. They will be a bit more expensive than I have currently advertise them at (about £240) cause theres A LOT more work but given 'Raptors' gains, and he paided £180 just to have them done (not including cost of inlets), this represents a real bargain!!!!!!!

After seeing these, took mine back today to port to the gasket so will be a lot wider. I have another set for sale that I intend to do the same with. They will be a bit more expensive than I have currently advertise them at (about £240) cause theres A LOT more work but given 'Raptors' gains, and he paided £180 just to have them done (not including cost of inlets), this represents a real bargain!!!!!!!

:bounce1:

Don't forget to do the cylinder head too:

PC052474.jpg

It also needs to be matched/ported in order do achieve maximum gain.

This is new to me, this may be a daft question. But do both parts have to come from the same car. Was considering buying them both separate and having them done so my car isn't off the road?

What kinda cost are you talking to have this done? Assuming you had the inlets already.

Last edited:
This is new to me, this may be a daft question. But do both parts have to come from the same car. Was considering buying them both separate and having them done so my car isn't off the road?

What kinda cost are you talking to have this done? Assuming you had the inlets already.

The inlets are in 2 parts. When you take them off, the cast is quite poor (although improved from the 1*2) as the chambers don't match in size. Obviously this can effect the airflow. Stock mod for me and there are also others on here that have had them done. Companies like Jamsport charge around £250 exchange....I have a set for sale for £200 and you can keep your originals.....