Indoor Car Park shots of my Edition 30 Golf after a quick detail!

SteBurns! What's new?

Nothing really Russ, I've decided not to mod the Civic any further as I don't think I'll be keeping it much longer. It's a great car but I need something more unique, and the Civic isn't enough!

What are your future plans, keeping the Golf for a while longer?

Me again :smiley::tongueout:

Today I had delivered some lovely S3 calipers, which have been refurbed in red and included R logo covers, DaveB1970 J-Hooked 345mm discs and everything else needed to get them working on my Golf Edition 30.

The standard set-up on the Edition 30 is very poor for the performance of the car, with the brake fake after one heavy use being borderline dangerous, so I decided to go for these as they simply just bolt on in place of my existing 312mm calipers. Plus, I won't have any issues with squealing or similar which you can some with from aftermarket pads and discs.

The brakes themselves have been used for about 5k, so needed a bit of a clean up...

6280179231_0f71f5beec_z.jpg
DSC00261 by RussZS, on Flickr

As you can see, in a bit of a state...

6280181147_81d1b618fb_z.jpg
DSC00262 by RussZS, on Flickr

6280182787_56e4bb6bd8_z.jpg
DSC00263 by RussZS, on Flickr

I decided to opt for Surfex HD, which I've recently re-added to my collection after using it recently and being VERY impressed by it.

6280702074_ed6b755c82_z.jpg
DSC00264 by RussZS, on Flickr

It was sprayed on liberally, left to work for a short while and agitated with an Envy brush. It took a couple of applications on my stubborn stains, but they are near 95% clean now :smile:

6280186035_d41c430b5f_z.jpg
DSC00265 by RussZS, on Flickr

After drying, I decided to protect the red painted part of the calipers with Wolf's Body Wrap. Jesse advised on Facebook that Rim Shield is probably a better choice, but I don't have any of that yet, so decided to go BW for now.

6280708150_cdf393ed51_z.jpg
DSC00270 by RussZS, on Flickr

and after...

6280187491_87a62c39c6_z.jpg
DSC00268 by RussZS, on Flickr

Not perfect, but in a lot better nick than they were before I started!

6280192619_6a6d8b1da1_z.jpg
DSC00271 by RussZS, on Flickr

6280711544_0827af85d5_z.jpg
DSC00273 by RussZS, on Flickr

I also have specially modified J-Hook brake discs:

6280195955_ced5f383da_z.jpg
DSC00274 by RussZS, on Flickr

6280199355_4c0a1a710d_z.jpg
DSC00276 by RussZS, on Flickr

Which apparently improve the effectiveness of this set up considerably!

I'll add more pics tomorrow when they are being fitted!

Finally, stoppers to match the power :car:

Cheers for looking,

Russ.

Nothing really Russ, I've decided not to mod the Civic any further as I don't think I'll be keeping it much longer. It's a great car but I need something more unique, and the Civic isn't enough!

What are your future plans, keeping the Golf for a while longer?

Have you taken your plate off it mate? I swear I saw you on J11 the other day?

I've thrown a few K at the Golf and am happy with it now - it easily matches the Meg for handling and is a fair bit quicker and not quite so dull, so it'll stay for a while until I see what is happening with me job wise

What are you changing the CTR for?

>And Breathe<

Great photos Russ, what is the Golf like to own v the Clio?

If both cars were parked up next to each other, I'd probably take the keys for the Clio is I wanted a 'fun' drive, as its so nimble, its awesome fun!

The Golf however is a much better allrounder, and with a few mods, its a pretty potent weapon tbh!

It's remapped too, so is running 314hp, so it surprises a few things. Add a FMIC, downpipe and HPFP and you can see 370hp with ease...

Gotta do them Friday, ran out of light lol!! going to go to a car park tomorrow night and get some pictures.

Have you taken your plate off it mate? I swear I saw you on J11 the other day?

I've thrown a few K at the Golf and am happy with it now - it easily matches the Meg for handling and is a fair bit quicker and not quite so dull, so it'll stay for a while until I see what is happening with me job wise

What are you changing the CTR for?

Nah it's still got the BMX plate on, so you probably did see me. I haven't decided what I want yet, but I need something a bit 'special' if you know what I mean!

little question russZs

how do clean up the brake calipers??? My 197 silver calipers are getting abit brown or brake dirts at behide the brake or at the side.