Im getting a 200

Hi everyone.

Im Andy, currently i drive a MINI One Graphite but im soon to be purchasing a Clio RS 200 Cup.

I had a few questions that i was hoping you could help me with.

Im looking at getting the Recaro sport seats but im not the tallest person (5ft 7"). Are these seats height adjustable?
?
I saw somewhere that the tax on these cars is £425 a year. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance. Hopefully i will be a regular on here once i get it.

Cheers mate. £250 is a bit more what i was hoping for! Cant wait to get the car. Ive been in the MINI scene for a few years now and now my insurance has become reasonable its time to move on :smiley:

yes mate the driver recaro is height adjustable, but you may find yourself setting it at its lowest setting, im not very tall and i find the lowest just right, and like roy said tax is around the £250 mark.

The drivers Recaro seat is height adjustable, and actually sits slightly higher than the standard seat.

I think the VED should only be around £245 - see below, Clio 200 does 198g/km IIRC
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

Before you commit, you should be aware that the Clio is somewhat less economical than the MINI. My sister has a 55 plate Cooper and averages around 35-36, not driving like a saint. I average just under 31 and usually do drive quite economically. Oh, and the Clio prefers 99RON, not regular unleaded.

At least coming from a MINI you should be used to some of the creaks and rattles!

Thanks for that. I manage around 40mpg in my MINI but i am not to concerned about fuel consumption. I only use my car at weekend as i'm at uni in the week.

Yeah coming from MINI i'm use to rattles. Mine has had a dash rattle for the past 8 months and i have learned to ignore it now.

Yeah i took one out last week. Was the Gordini model so it didn't have the Recaro seats but some leather ones.

Ive been debating between a few cars. MINI Cooper S, Golf GTI and Renault 200. So far the renault is not the best on a few things but for some reason its my favourite out of them.

Depends what you want. The MCS is a fine car, and you are already used to the compromises. The GTI is the best alrounder, but is expensive. The Clio is arguably the most fun, but neither of the other two are poor in this regard. GTI might be a bit grown up though.

Hi Mate, welcome to the site.

You will pay around £400 for the first years tax on a new Clio due to the showroom tax that governement levy on all new car sales, the higher the emmission the higher the levy.

I have just got my renewal through for £245 for the year.

As everybody else mentions the recaros are height adjustable but only on the drivers side.

Hi Mate, welcome to the site.

You will pay around £400 for the first years tax on a new Clio due to the showroom tax that governement levy on all new car sales, the higher the emmission the higher the levy.

I have just got my renewal through for £245 for the year.

As everybody else mentions the recaros are height adjustable but only on the drivers side.

But who cares about the passenger :-p hehe

Hope you make the right choice mate, make sure you post the pics of the clio when you pick it up :tongue_smilie:

Welcome to the site. The Clio is the most fun out of the 3 cars there and I would say the best of both the other tbh. A load cheaper than the pair of them too!