I'm a bit scared!

wow impressive! f1 test driver?

Yeh I'm actually Antonio Felix Da Costa....

Lol it's for a car build mechanic which is factory based but I wouldn't intend on being in the role for long as I need to go racing! Hopefully it'd include some demos to start with. Most likely the World Series demos, which would be bizarre!

But it's only the first interview, so let's see what happens!

My girlfriend just reminded me to think about how many applicants they had and that I'm in the top 5 or so....

..... That's cool!

Good luck with that, just don't wear jeans and a T shirt like that guy on the Eddie stobart programme.

Good luck with that, just don't wear jeans and a T shirt like that guy on the Eddie stobart programme.

Haha nah I bought a new suit :smile:

Just got home, think it went well but I'm not sure it's the position I want - think I'll miss going away too much! But we'll see! Helped that I knew the guy interviewing me, which I didn't know about before!!

Whilst I was sat in reception waiting, Adrian Newey walked through, closely followed by Vettel!

Haha nah I bought a new suit :smile:

Just got home, think it went well but I'm not sure it's the position I want - think I'll miss going away too much! But we'll see! Helped that I knew the guy interviewing me, which I didn't know about before!!

Whilst I was sat in reception waiting, Adrian Newey walked through, closely followed by Vettel!

Sounds good, I know you say its not the position you want but its a good "in". I would imagine that the race team positions are offered internally first. Competition is fierce in F1, an externaly advertised main team position will attract applications from F1 time served mechanics.

If you do get the job, please can you do me a favour? Can you tell Vettel he's a boring **** and he only wins because he has the best car? Cheers.

If you do get the job, please can you do me a favour? Can you tell Vettel he's a boring **** and he only wins because he has the best car? Cheers.

Thats not entirely accurate - Mark Webber has the best car too and he isnt finishing 2nd in every race. Its not as dominant as the Ferrari was with MSC, so its evident that Vettel has an edge. Hopefully Ricciardo can step up to the mark and give him a run for his money!

Thats not entirely accurate - Mark Webber has the best car too and he isnt finishing 2nd in every race. Its not as dominant as the Ferrari was with MSC, so its evident that Vettel has an edge. Hopefully Ricciardo can step up to the mark and give him a run for his money!

The RB car is designed around Vettel and to suit his driving style. It aint for Mark.

The RB car is designed around Vettel and to suit his driving style. It aint for Mark.

But each car has an infinate amount of variables so the cars can always be set up to accommodate any driver.

Its been known for drivers in the same team to have unique steering wheels so that buttons and toggles are positioned ergonomically to each driver.

But each car has an infinate amount of variables so the cars can always be set up to accommodate any driver.

Its been known for drivers in the same team to have unique steering wheels so that buttons and toggles are positioned ergonomically to each driver.

I was more meaning of the overall design philosophy as opposed to setup.

Best of luck in getting the job Jim! You've done what you can now, so sit back, have a beer and wait for the offer to come through :wink:. Even if you don't get the place, it's always nice to be wanted. And your mrs is right, getting this far is an achievement in itself, congrats :thumbup: