If your paint has flaked off - please read!

After having a warranty claim rejected from renault with paint flaking from both of my arches, the corner of my bumpers and underneath my headlamps, I have spoken to trading standards, who are prepared to force the issue and have asked me to provide evidence this is happening to more than just my car.

If its happened to you, could you please post up some pics so I can compile evidence and send it off. then hopefully we can get it sorted.

thanks, James.

I had paint 'bubbling' on one of my wheel arches, this got repaired by Renault under warranty. It was probably 18 months ago, and my car at the time was 4 years old.

I have paint flaking around the edges of lights ans grills on mine. Not sure it would count as a warranty thing as its 7 year old now

Didn't think this was a common issue, the only ones I can think of turned out the cara had been repaired badly (sometimes due to damage in transit, so even a brand new car may have been repainted)

I've done some searches and found about 30 cases in the uk on 200s and that's just ones people have moaned about online. I have a contact for head of RUK too because basically there saying it's my fault the paints coming off! Ha

Wish I still had pics of mine, did it in the corners of the rear bumper either side of the diffuser, I only noticed it when it was on the ramp last year because its underneath and out of view! 888's probably don't help lol

Didn't think this was a common issue, the only ones I can think of turned out the cara had been repaired badly (sometimes due to damage in transit, so even a brand new car may have been repainted)

Mine is from being badly re-painted. Shame they are also refusing to re-paint it!