$)%^&*! Ice

Paul

Platinum Member
What a crappy start to the new year. First day back at work, me and the GF were on our way into Leeds, we pulled up at a roundabout sat for about 5-10 seconds for traffic and then got shunted from behind, thankfully we were not in the 197 otherwise this would be completely different story....

I was still absolutely livid as she (exactly) was driving way too fast on a road which had clearly not been gritted! Me and the GF have both got whiplash and have been sent back from work, the car itself isn't too bad visually but there are a lot of new creaks and groans which weren't there yesterday so its going to the garage asap.

GF has phoned her insurance company and it hasn't been reported by the other party yet, but our insurers did find that the woman who caused it has an awful lot of claim against her already, brilliant. I think public transport was made for people like this - who clearly cannot drive and therefore shouldn't be allowed to!

Sorry for the rant but I am still fuming and in quite a bit of pain!

Owch! Thats not good mate. There are quite alot of people that have been driving way too fast for the conditions!

What kind of car were you driving at the time?

Just hope the other party files the report and you get everything sorted mate.

...before Christmas I came face to face with a young driver in an old Rover deliberately swerving on the ice to get his back end out....this was on a residential street with cars parked on each side!! More importantly I was in his way....felt like getting out and smacking him one!!

sorry to hear about that mate, at least your ok though. It amazes me how much people dont seem to change their driving style in weather like this, they just seem to carry on regardless

sorry to hear this mate, it really does fcuk you off when people drive like that in these conditions dont it.

i go to work on my motor bike and you always get arse holes right up your backside on roundabouts, they dont realise how slippy it is on 2 wheels.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Thanks guys, yeah its one of my biggest hates, as soon as the weather is anything other than lovely it can descend into chaos!

I was passenger in my GF's Citroen C2, it was surprisingly sturdy lol. As I said it would be a different story if it had been the Clio - I think it would have completely lost it!

Similar Thread Suggestions