I was walking past the dealers and found this....

ohh my good god i am seriouslly considering looking at one of these white one white is sex !!!!!!!!!!! leave the cage out dont ruin it .

Ive had one of those cages they do nothing except add weight and protect the rear (where no one can sit) lol seriouslly head my warning dont fit it .

I LOVE THIS CAR >

They don't just protect the rear. They would stop the b pillars crushing if you rolled the car. Which is where your head is.

It's not my 'daily' car, I have others for that, it's just my toy - so having the cage makes no difference, other than to hopefully save my life should I do the worst on track.

I do see your point though, it'd be a pain in the ass 365.

It's not my 'daily' car, I have others for that, it's just my toy - so having the cage makes no difference, other than to hopefully save my life should I do the worst on track.

I do see your point though, it'd be a pain in the ass 365.

yeh thats the problem not saying they dont work but if your main focus is protection a ktech 6 point cage would be much better .

i caged my daily driver and it was a pita tbh

good luck and the car is amazing .

Aye, but a 6-point needs footplates and there's no way I'm going to those lengths on a £xx,xxx car I don't intend to keep. The A-pillars are good and strong, the 1/2 cage will just help should I barrel it.

I suppose this is one for its own thread, glad you like it though.

Oh, one thing I have noticed is when it's starting to get a bit warm, it feels strangled and I can tell the timing is pulling back, losing power.

Has anyone done a cold air feed on a 200?

a few ppl have them scoops on 197's mate ud have to take a fog out on a 200? when u say the timing? is it cus the engine is still a bit stiff and needs loosening with ure right foot?

No, feels great until I've been giving it some stick for a while and then I can feel it pulling back as it's getting lungs full of hot air from the bay.

I'll have a look at routing for a pipe.

I had this at cadwell last year very anoying .

Indeed .

I looked at many solutions . let me know if you want some advise.

But sadly when on track the problem gets worse .

Yes please, any help will be appreciated. I can see a route down, but access into the front means 2 quite tight bends and I'm unsure on any gain.

The issue is not creating a RAM effect but providing more air in and via a cooler route .

Its a hard line to follow .

I did a few bits got some info mostly unshared . So ill let you know in time .

What about some heat reflective sheets on the ducting Mike? Similar to the guys on the Mk5 GTI use. Might be heatsoak through the pipework rather than cold air itself.

It's plastic, no? Rubbish conductor, so doubtful, but I've got some gold wrap left over and it won't hurt it to try, good idea.

Going to have a good look at routing 75mm neoprene sprung ducting from the front grill somewhere too.

It is plastic, but the airbox position also isnt the best. Anyone gone for a BMC solution that we know of with a proper cold air feed?

Gah, I've not had time for much at all really.

Cage isn't in, will be done for Oulton instead, so I'll just have to try and not die at Snetts on Friday. Yokos will be scrubbed on sighting laps by the looks of it!! Might travel on them Thursday if the weather is dry to bed them, saves me a job in the morning too.

Last minute RBF600 and Pagid RS5s going in, as I went and gave the brakes a bit of a testing and concluded they are indeed ****. Well, **** by my standards anyway. I've got a price on the AP 2-piece on ice should I require too, we'll see how it goes, but £400 seems reasonable for the weight alone.

Otherwise. Done the full tank, got 330 miles which considering they've been hard isn't too bad for what it is. Feels nice, getting to grips with it now and aside from it feeling a bit nervous at high speed I'm happy.

Last job is some ducting to the airbox, somehow. Might wizz the fog out and Heath Robinson it for now.

Similar Thread Suggestions