200: I love my job

It funny cause the Clio T looks more like the car that should have followed 197 than 200 - its just a modern 4 door 197!!!!! Great write up by the way. The motoring press in lots of ways shouldn't like it but its obvious they do. Seen a few 'base models' on the road now, and I must say they have a real road presence. The car just looks so fresh compared to its rivals. Can you imagine this is storm grey with lowered suspension, larger wheels (its a bigger car than you think) and matt instead of shinny bits.

Seen on the Juke website, they are already mapping these engines to 250 bhp and the Japs already are seeing more than that on standard internals and bigger turbo's. We know if the Japs love this car, the options that will come available will be endless, and you wont have to sell a kidney to pay for it.

yeh i sort of agree there they do seem more similar!!!

All these issues are relevant but that's what 'development' is all about isn't it? The worlds a different place, we need to embrace the fact or just enjoy our 197/200 for what it is. The new car is less aimed at us, and more aimed at others. The new Clio is 20k+. Sorry but it needs to be more than a 'one trick pony' in today's one car families. The current Clio is a hard car to justify if its your only car, especially if your only using it for day to day driving.

some of us have no choice :oops:

I've used mine daily for 3 years, despite now being able to afford something with more power I just can't bring myself to change. It is crap sometimes but also lots of fun.

I'll just translate the final verdict for you guys (last paragraph):

Making a final verdict depends on your view about downsizing. Someone who loves pure driving will miss the high revving engine and the gearbox with short ratios. If you're a bit more neutral on the matter, you will discover a hatchback that is - based on performance and handling - still top of the range in the B-segment, more practical to use on a daily basis than the old one and cheaper than it's mean rivals (Mini JCW and DS3 Racing). The Clio RS has grown up, but still is an amazing car to drive...