I live it a cottage and ........

A2ON

Platinum Member
I'm a bit worried , The road to the cottage is an unmade road not addopted by the council . It's primarily made from heavily compacted stones etc.

Recently a few large holes started appearing so some bright spark decided it would be a good idea to fill these hopes with builders sand and stones.

The problem with this is when ut rains it means everytime I want to leave my house I have to drive down this sandy muddy road which in turn flicks sandy water all under the wheel arch and up the side of the car. I'm not to worried about the side of the car as I use a pressure washer , two bucket method and a wash MIT .

It's the components I'm worried about brakes etc is sand going to get on these ? Will it even matter or as long as Ibsen the pressure washer every week will it be fine any help appreciated

Ps not sure if this is the right section but .....

Should be fine mate as long as you take it easy. Just follow up with a yearly strip down and clean.

Id be more worried about stone rash on the paint work. Might be worthwhile investing in some sort of mudflaps to stop the immediate bodywork to the wheels getting trashed.

Ive thought of something like this, as i have to drive over "compacted gravel" surfaces regular.

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Product...bre-Mini-Mud-Flaps-Set-of-4__CMMMGSUIM01.aspx

Suppose they dont look as daft as rubber or massive plastic things flapping about, and i was thinking about a form of "quick release" to take them off when going somewhere where the car needs to be decent :smiley:

Should stop 99% of crud battering the sides though.

Suppose you can be a tart and tell people you have CF too...

aron we had the same problem, all the houses that used to road put in something like £25 quid and had it tarmacked now its mint