HPI check

Thought you could do HPI's through ebay for cheap?

It's worth getting one either way, though obviously they're only ever as good as the information actually submitted into the system. So a car that's clear might actually have finance on it and have been written off, just some mong at the finance/insurers entered the wrong reg.

A proper HPI check is around £25 - i think it's Experian who most garages use but the AA and RAC also do them (discount if you're a member)

if you become a gold or platinum member there is another member that will provide free HPI checks on any vehicle. :wink:

Yes they are worth every penny. Its well worth remembering that if there's even 1p left on finance then the car belongs to the finance company no matter what you paid for it. It will also show if its been repaired before following an accident. I never buy a car without doing one.

Yes they are worth every penny. Its well worth remembering that if there's even 1p left on finance then the car belongs to the finance company no matter what you paid for it. It will also show if its been repaired before following an accident. I never buy a car without doing one.

only if the repair has gone via insurance

Thanks guys, luckily a chap on a cycling forum I use ran the car through the check for me and it's not good :thumb1: CAT D

Shame really as if he had said it was CAT D I might still have offered, perha[s he is unaware himself. I'll let him know tomorrow.