How to get to Petrol Flap manual opening?

Yeorge

Paid Member
So, as I found out in Sainsburys forecourt yesterday, my petrol filler flap is jammed shut and I believe it is just a new solenoid I need (which I have ordered).

But I need to remove the peice of plastic above the boot lining where the rear seatbelt terminates into but cant remove it to get to the mechanism. Can anyone please provide pictures of how to get to it as I urgently need to fill up!

Cheers,
George

So, as I found out in Sainsburys forecourt yesterday, my petrol filler flap is jammed shut and I believe it is just a new solenoid I need (which I have ordered).

But I need to remove the peice of plastic above the boot lining where the rear seatbelt terminates into but cant remove it to get to the mechanism. Can anyone please provide pictures of how to get to it as I urgently need to fill up!

Cheers,
George

I'm sure there's another way to get fuel in by Jerry can. Wait for a more experienced member, I'm just letting you know it may not be the ONLY way if it's that urgent.

m5BsDO.jpg

OoyHjj.jpg

x0Rqop.jpg

Imageshack is having issues but I managed to get 3 up. Any questions just fire away.

It's pretty self explanatory, just pull stuff off.

From memory yes, but there may be some clips which it goes into.

I don't have my car so I can't go check, but i'm pretty sure it just pulls off and you clicks back in the opposite way.

The fuel pump solenoid has a little white bit on it which you'll need to cut to get it off. You'll see what I mean. I'd upload a picture but it won't let me.

Sorted it now, i pulled the lever up and it unlocked, push down and it locked. then tested again on the flap when my car is locked/ unlocked and fixed itself. I have put a bit of grease on it as it seems to have sorted itself out. Will swap it out if i need to, but thanks guys!