How to clean front bumper on 200

Hi, I tried to get off a few bugs for the first time on the gloss black bumper on my Gordini but even the slightest bit of pressure on the cloth scratches the surface. I use Meguiars micro fibre cloths.
How are you guys with gloss black bumpers cleaning it?

I think the paints really soft, you need some bug remover such as auto finesse citrus power, spray it on liberally and then agitate with a detailing brush should help, then wash off as you would normally wash your car, for the scratches or might need to be machine polished, I know Russ off here had to do James front bumper because of defects to the gloss black part of bumper.

and without bugs, what do you use to clean it? Even on the clean parts I just wiped it with a damp cloth and it scratched. Would you use polish? I only use Maguiars products

Not alot you can do to prevent the piano black trim from marring tbh, it is so so delicate. Even for routine washing you are going to have to touch it which will likely end in damage :worried: To remove the bugs and help stop you having to literally scrub them off and cause alot of damage, you can try soaking your microfibre in shampoo and then placing it over the trim pieces - leave it soaking for a good half hour to an hour before you clean the car and you will find it'll soften the bugs enough for them to be removed when washing without the need to scrub!

bug or tar remover or hot cloth just left on.

i do polish that only every month or so.

don't forget to re wax anywhere you use bug/tar remover.

If your worried about scratching it, maybe look at getting it wrapped in a clearcoat vinyl. that way you can have at it and not worry about scratching the actual paint. A small section like that shouldn't cost the earth to wrap I would imagine.

You could get it reclearcoated or wrapped in vinyl to address the softness permanently, or as suggested above you should look at something to eliminate the dirt/bugs ahead of making physical contact with the paintwork.

Russ