How to check gear box oil level ?

on flat level ground remove filler plug - oil level should be up to the bottom of the filler hole

Yes, for a second and not seen it back on, but I'd like to check the level, and I see due to compact engine there is no stick to check levels.... :worried:

Since I dont have a manuel it could be possible..., but that was topped up very recently. I just had seen it for a spilt second so I thought the symbol was the gearbox?, but I could be wrong now...

you sure you not talking about the engine oil light?

If anyone wants some gear box transmission fluid i do have some for sale, just sold my clio so i no longer need this i have 2 bottles of Titan Sintofluid 75w-80 can have the 2 for £15 + Postage

I dont have a manuel so it flashed for a split second so I could be wrong... maybe its the engine then?

Hi mate is it maybe your shift light that came on to tell you to change gear ? We're you hard on the revs at the time ? There is a green shift light it not sure about the gearbox oil warning light. :thumbup1:

No, not hard at all, I had just reversed off an embanking drive way, then headed down a hill, maybe just a sensor thing? I dont even know if you have a gearbox warning light? It has not reared its head again.

As foxpeed says, no gearbox warning light on these cars. I would have said the shift light too, however if you weren't near the rev limit then that seems unlikely... Definitely not gearbox related though :smile:

what colour was the "light"

you can look in the handbook and see what the warning lights all mean