How sad is this

8e4d267727a07e5673483fc129f612e2.jpg

e7dd6e284cc62556a621351a25dec81d.jpg

48e799ad6012d097d11ff7359db6d378.jpg

ee5a0a0d91fc0a3a5cfeaab46360b1b9.jpg

3cc98e0e478282660a0a5aa15ff14bba.jpg

How sad am I cleaned the arches, treated them with Gtechniq C4, treated the caliper to some C5 and polished the strut with some showroom shine :smile:

On the positive side it looks as if there is the possibility of making a disc and bell combination up along with some Brembos, or maybe some APs

From the side

c2f0651f62d2f6027adc1e02eb0eaed9.jpg

Last edited:
Spotless! How do you find the Gtechniq? Does it last as long as stated? I have some C5 for my wheels which I haven't applied yet & considering some for my paintwork

Each to their own. Love how some people can be so "anal" not a bad thing just not my cup of tea. My wife would notice if I turned one of her ornaments in the front room by 1 degree. Whereas I wouldn't notice if if it was in a different room

Spotless! How do you find the Gtechniq? Does it last as long as stated? I have some C5 for my wheels which I haven't applied yet & considering some for my paintwork

I find that like most products, it is all down to preparation. There are some great videos on the Gtechniq website, and to be honest to get the best from the products you have to follow the videos, will mean buying cleaning stuff. I have used C5 before, but now that I have used the Gtechniq panel wipe after I have cleaned and iron X'd the wheels, it is easier to apply. I'm not sure if there was previously residue left over from my previous products, but after using the Gtechniq cleaning products prior to application, it does seem to make the products easier to apply, with the expected performance that goes with them.

Cheers mate. Yeah I have the panel cleaner down on my list of car things to buy next week, along with Iron X (though not for the wheels - I have horrendous 'rail dust' dots all over the bodywork due to the weather and road salt).

I found the below thread really informative and a nice addition to the Gtechniq videos. Very interesting about the residue drying on the towel and having to wash it pretty much instantly after use to avoid it being useless in the future!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=212121

I'm not happy with the C5. It's not really done much for my wheels. It's been on since August, was applied to freshly refurbished wheels cleaned with Gtechniq panel wipe beforehand and it's not helping to repel any dirt or make them easier to clean at all. I'll try and get some pictures.

I'm not happy with the C5. It's not really done much for my wheels. It's been on since August, was applied to freshly refurbished wheels cleaned with Gtechniq panel wipe beforehand and it's not helping to repel any dirt or make them easier to clean at all. I'll try and get some pictures.

I too have had not very good results with C5, this was down to a faulty batch, which didn't really cure and in the wipe off process, I removed most of the product. Remember freshly painted wheels need time to breathe, before coating them.

My wheels came clean with just a hose on the weekend, but I use Dodo juice Supernatural wheel cleaner and my wheels have been very easy to maintain, using this combination with the C5.