How not to race.

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Seen this on another forum and was quite shocked tbh. Its an incident from the FIA GT1 at Silverstone today involving a Nissan GTR and Astom Martin DBR9.

Basics are; GTR makes a speculative move to pass Aston and spins him out. Aston rejoins the track and "rams" the GTR limping its way back to the pits.

Heres a youtube vid:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zv_j84t0Bw&sns[/YOUTUBE]

have words .... surely this would be a punch up. Think of the cost of those two cars. His team should be tearing up his contract.

That's terrible. And you wouldn't mind if they were old bangers, but we're talking Jags and GTRs! It looks like he only meant to give him a little tap, but must have given it a little too much. I bet his team will be having some words.

the GTRs ****ty attempt at undertaking was bad but didnt warrant that reaction.

Should be handed a massive fine or a race ban maybe.

to be honest i think it was a mistake on the astons part it looked to me as if he wanted to do some fist shaking and a few choice hand signals but forgot how wide the car was then clipped the gtr

still not on at all and i can see some fines going the astons way

also i think the aston was off line before the overtake and the gtr was waaayyy faster so it was either ram him or go where he did

Last edited:
Thats just stupid i saw i similar thing in Nascar race earlier this year. a guy go a bit of a tap behind which sent him into the wall and burst a tyre. he went into change the tyre drove out the pits drove slowly till the car that tap him came round again then nail it and rammed him off the road

cant see much wrong with it myself, other than some poor driving.

doesnt look like anyone is ramming anyone to me.

but then the camera angle doesnt really give enough evidence to say otherwise. Although the Aston driver doesnt seem to move his steering at all towards the GTR.

But anyways.... exciting stuff!

cant see much wrong with it myself, other than some poor driving.

doesnt look like anyone is ramming anyone to me.

but then the camera angle doesnt really give enough evidence to say otherwise. Although the Aston driver doesnt seem to move his steering at all towards the GTR.

But anyways.... exciting stuff!

i'd kinda argee with that as well

That's not meant to happen, I thought GT's were for the upper classes!?!

GTR makes half-arsed attempt, Aston turns in, bit of a nudge, racing incident.

Aston driver goes batsh!tcrazy, cuts a corner over the grass in order to catch the GTR up quicker, moves in to buzz him and ask him how he shakes his Ketchup, makes a complete arse of judging the width of both cars and does about £50K worth of damage. Arsehole.

to me it looks like hes taken his hand of the wheel to give him some gesture, also taking his eyes off the track and strayed into him, i doubt he would of meant to 'ram' him.

Reckless driving none the less!

poor attempted overtake by the gtr and the aston guy think that was a bit of a miss-judgement there :lol:

i think he meants it, watch him cut the corner in anger to try make up ground to get to him.

he spun off the track theres no point taking a straight line to the nearest point on the track thats a safer place to rejoin as the other cars are right over the other side of the track

HA whos the :whatever: now then??

Looks to me like he completely misjudged his gesture and drove into the guy.

The GTR overtake was poor, but he locked up and these things happen. They both could have avoided the original incident but the second one.... :rofl:

Similar Thread Suggestions