How much have car forums changed your social life???

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
I asked this question elsewhere and got some LOL answers to it, and some really good stories from it.

How much has being a member on any car forum had an impact on your life?

I joined Saxperience in 2005, went to my first meet and got hooked. I travelled all over the country to various meets, then ZSOC, but didn't really go to many meets on there, stayed with saxperience.

Five years on and my four best friends are all car club people lol, and I see them all the time.
My wedding was full of Sax-p people too hehe.

The first and only person I have met off here is Drifter, with his Megane that he has replaced with another, but I can actually say I don't know anyone in real life with a 197! (apart from people I already know who had Saxos on Sax-p!)

Liambo might be popping down from Peterhead when I am up there in 3 weeks time....that will be fun!

You?

Forums are quite some thing to get yourself into, something you find yourself checking daily and hourly if you have access to the interwebs.

I quite enjoy the laugh and all the conversation you get on alot of threads, so far i have met a few people and hope to meet a good few more come time!

Mike being one :wink:

Know quite a lot of people through Cliosport, and its great. Been to a lot of events etc that I would never have gone to if it wasnt for the clubs, and also met some first class people.

last night is a great example, one of the lads from Cheshire was in Birmingham for the weekend seeing his GF who I think was working last night, so he was stuck for something to do. He posted up in the local meets section asking if people were about and fancied a few beers, and a group of 7 of us in total all met up and went for a few drinks. If it wasnt for the club, he'd have been sat on his tod bored shitless.

met loads of peeps off here just nice to speak to like minded people really rather than most people at work who arent into cars! and talk mainly about TV soaps!

I went to quite a few MG/Rover meets, never been to any Renault meets apart from Silverstone WRS but i went there with the boyfriend and didn't meet up with anyone.

But you did get a good value correction detail Emily :smile:

I've met some good people over the years, and 1 of my best friends is from ClioSport - as you say, it's good to talk to like minded people with similar interests.

I may have even got a bit of 'action'... :wink: (Yes a woman, before you ask!! lol)

I've been a member of uk-mkivs.net for years and it's had a massive impact on my life,

The largest and most special being meeting my other half! She replied to a valentines day thread saying that she wished she had a fella to buy a prezy for, next thing you know another member is pimping her out for a date! I sold myself with the line " I'm young rich and supercharged" (aswell as implying I had a big man wand!) Needless to say £7.50 and a bag of skittles lighter we went on a date had and it's been a year this month! We move into our first house in June too! :smile:

On a not so hot side I got lost in bhp chasing developed a speed addiction supercharged my golf and am now skint! :worried:

Yes a very good value detail Russ and top class work. Will probably need your assistance again this year. I'm trying to convince Paul to change his 4x4 so may have another car for you to correct, will have to see if i can do anything to it first though.

I also got a bargain of a detail on my TF from one of the local MG guys.

From the age of 17 and when i started driving i have been on the forums. Started with just the local ones and the meets at McDonalds each week to the big monthly cruises...since then i have matured! LOL.

Used to be on PGAC back in my Peugeot days and went to the NW meets, met some great lads and now a few of us started our own forum/club with a mixture of people off other forums.

Some of these lads i would say are close friends who i can see being friends with for a long time, we always go to the shows together and have a right good crack.

As for checking forums...if i don't go on each day i feel like i am missing something!

I've been a member of uk-mkivs.net for years and it's had a massive impact on my life,

ive been a member on mkivs for about 8 years i think too pete.
search for my old car under "J111ASE"(silver 5 door)

Not really, iv been on them for years, I was a ZSOC member myself. I keep meaning to get on some meets though. aahhhh I remember the younger "cruise" years though, thousands of cars in a retail car park next to mc D's lol!

this forum is my main port of call, along with rs forum. Not had much time free recently due to work situation so keep having to get a quick short fix when I can. Hopefully get loads more time on here very shortly :wink:

Spend far too long on Forums and would say that Cliosport has been a great place to meet people and probably is my main social outlet now. Go to lots of meets and events /shows and have made some great friends. Hope that this Forum will be as useful to me as Cliosport has been.

Well one example upcoming - I am going on holiday next week in Inverness area, and will be meeting up with Liam-BOOOOOOOOOOOO off here, wouldn't be happening without this place :wink: