how much do you spend on your car each month!!!!

right just done a tally up and last month i spent £600 on petrol alone!!!! mental due to a daily commute which im always having to rush on.
also had to buy 2 new continentals £248.
tax £200
service £200

lol total of £1248 last month alonne :worried:

on a clio

Wow that's steep! shame you had everything to pay in the same month. Not had my car a month but it's fairly going through the fuel.

If I spent £600 in petrol in a month, the car would be sold shortly after.

Thats, well, daft money tbh.

So long as your enjoying it though I guess.

If I spent £600 in petrol in a month, the car would be sold shortly after.

Thats, well, daft money tbh.

So long as your enjoying it though I guess.

i think of it this way, if i didnt spend that much then i wouldnt get paid what i get, it does equal out, alough i am thinking i could afford anouther car on 600 a month, a nice diesel...

but wouldnt be near as much fun

apart from the standing costs - insurance and tax - between october to march i rarely use the 197 - think so far this year used it for 30 and that was including a trip to the petrol station to put in £30

only do about 4000-5000 miles a year in it in the summer months :biggrin::biggrin:

i think of it this way, if i didnt spend that much then i wouldnt get paid what i get, it does equal out, alough i am thinking i could afford anouther car on 600 a month, a nice diesel...

but wouldnt be near as much fun

Aye, I know but for me it would be the principle of it. I mean I could put 600 bats a month into petrol, but there would be no chance id be putting it into a Clio.

I sometimes think in these times, the amount I spend on the car (about 600 a month in total) is far to much.

Then I take it for a blast, and well.... your a 197 owner, you know what im talking about! :001_wub:

Aye, I know but for me it would be the principle of it. I mean I could put 600 bats a month into petrol, but there would be no chance id be putting it into a Clio.

I sometimes think in these times, the amount I spend on the car (about 600 a month in total) is far to much.

Then I take it for a blast, and well.... your a 197 owner, you know what im talking about! :001_wub:

shhhhhhh it is up for sale atm but for a 200... if im not careful my mind will change ;(

^^^ your selling the 197 for a 200? havnt you just got the 197?:blink:

£600 is a lot, i fill up once a week with v-power and thats enough, you must do some serious mileage? Or foot to the floor literally everywhere lol!

I dont know off the top of my head what the 197 & 182 costs us every month and if I'm honest I have little desire to work it out, it will only make me cry lol

Well....

Insurance for the two cars under multicar is about £700 Per Year

This month we have spent a bomb on the 197

£271 service
£145 tyres
£90 oil (10 litres of 0w40!!!)

Petrol - well if you click on the MPG thingy in my signature, then it is fully itemised - every tank since I have owned the car!

This month its been a lot.
Service £205
Tax £215
Insurance £760 for 10 months
Petrol £250 - £350 per month

Not good :worried:

erm right
This year the 2 cars will cost us sumin like:
£1160 this year for insurance
£220 X 2 a year for servicing
£240 x 2 in tyres a year
£235 x 2 for tax
£45 x 2 MOT
£200 a month in fuel (covers both)
£450 CAM belt on the 182
£300 x 11 payments for the loan on the 197
and we save around £50 to cover other expenses

£9390 / 12 = £782.5 a month :worried:
thats more than our mortgage lol

:'( now I remember why I didn't want to work it out ;/

btw that doesn't inlcude the £50 or so a month I spend on detailing stuff

Well....

Petrol - well if you click on the MPG thingy in my signature, then it is fully itemised - every tank since I have owned the car!

WoW! How organised are you?! That's impressive!

I spend about £150 a month on petrol (work from home....) plus £47 per month insurance (should be much less but husband's speeding points are crucifying me at the mo)...Tax and service due in April...be about £450 I reckon..

Similar Thread Suggestions