• Yes

Votes: 30 100.0%
  • Waiting for delivery

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I heard about this recall last week
and received two letters this morning
but to be honest I was hoping it would catch fire before I got the letter

I thought you had got your problems sorted now?

PS. I think you will find everyone should be getting the recall notice through the post. I got mine this morning. The cars in for it's first service on Monday, so assume it will be addressed then.

I got a letter through yesterday on the recall. I remember one coming through about the mk2 bonnet catch when I had a 182 Trophy but mine wasn't eligible in the end. I'll get it booked in though.

Got mine serviced yesterday. But they said that they could not do the safety recall, as it required a part (which they did not have). So it's booked in next Monday to get it done. Just going to wait, as it's only supposed to take around one and a half hours.

Mines in on friday :smile: is anyone on here not happy with their car or is it just on cliosport that it gets continually slated ? why post on a clio forum when you dont have one, its sad imo.

Mines in on friday :smile: is anyone on here not happy with their car or is it just on cliosport that it gets continually slated ? why post on a clio forum when you dont have one, its sad imo.

Duno why it gets slated, had mine a week and a half now and loving it. Its great to drive.

I've had mine 5 mouths just love it just drive it as it is with no preconceptions

Indeed. Well said.

Like most cars I've owned, I can think of things that I would like to change / improve. But taken on the whole, after some 5+ months I still like and enjoy my car. Very much looking forward to finding a Trophy demo to try out.

Though not quite sure what the guy in the Megane this morning thought the point was in overtaking me at 50+ MPH coming into a busy 30 MPH limit this morning!? Madness really. Think he was just annoyed that he could not get past me earlier on the open road. Get a faster car mate if it bothers you that much, that's what I say. Though I think I've wandered slightly off topic here.

Interesting. I did not know there were going to be any gearbox updates. Tell us more....

Very interesting. I called my local dealer last week to book in for the recall and said I am aware of some owners recently having software updates and really rating the improvements, can I get mine updated whilst it's in. He checked and said there aren't any updates available/listed? That's the second dealership i've asked who have been clueless but a few owners on here now have managed to get it.

Gearbox update I am very keen to get.

Very interesting. I called my local dealer last week to book in for the recall and said I am aware of some owners recently having software updates and really rating the improvements, can I get mine updated whilst it's in. He checked and said there aren't any updates available/listed? That's the second dealership i've asked who have been clueless but a few owners on here now have managed to get it.

Gearbox update I am very keen to get.

I have also asked my local dealership and they also say "no gearbox software updates available". Hence why I'm interested to know more.

Just a bit surprised if there are any updates to be totally honest (very happy to be proved wrong). As Jeremy RUK (official Renault CS) in the Renaultsport forums. Stated categorically in another thread when I queried if current owners were going to benefit from the updates that are in the Trophy edition... and he said categorically not.

PS. Mines in for the recall this coming Monday.

Last edited:
Recall sorted today. Renault being optimistic with the 1.9 hours, took almost 4 hours by the sound of it.

Asked again about software updates for the gearbox and it sounds like the last one was late 2013. So as mine is a mid 2014, then it's already running the latest map. So maybe CL10_200T's car is a 2013, or an early 2014 that wasn't running the latest map!?!