how low, can you go?

Exactly, hence:

I offered constructive feedback afterwards surely? With a slightly more in depth overview of how his suspension settings will be limiting the benefits of going for V3's over V1's.

Im assuming that as a newbie i should perhaps limit my usual sarcastic demeanour until i am a more established member on here :001_unsure:

But no, why should you change anything? Surely the idea of a forum is for the sharing of ideas & opinions, which i have done, as have many others in the same thread. Many like what you have done, personally, i think unless you are wanting to mess about with settings to get the ultimate handling clio, there isnt much point paying the extra for V3's - imho. C'est la vie.

But yes, i am on CS, along with Cliotrophy, Pistonheads, M3cutters and 3 billion other forums having owned a variety of hot hatches/quick BMW's over the years. I also own a Trophy, but that doesnt make me a weird detailing freak like the rest of them :wink:

For reference, as an old git, i've also spent more time messing about with suspension settings than i care to remember both for track and road use, along with building/stripping/rebuilding numerous trackcars for both myself & mates - so im sure i can at least add something remotely useful to your forum. Especially when i pick up my 197 next week ...

I'll just be less sarcy in future. Apologies :hug:

No one has a problem with an opinion mate, but your comment with the 'raceland's yo' isnt the best response.

Mark, no one follows the crowd. CS is mostly full of f*ck wits that follow all the chiefs on there. Most of us are on here because it is a nicer forum rather than the usual muppets that post useless crap up all day when they have no idea what they are talking about. This site doesnt need to be another CS.

No one has a problem with an opinion mate, but your comment with the 'raceland's yo' isnt the best response.

Mark, no one follows the crowd. CS is mostly full of f*ck wits that follow all the chiefs on there. Most of us are on here because it is a nicer forum rather than the usual muppets that post useless crap up all day when they have no idea what they are talking about. This site doesnt need to be another CS.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't agree more with what you' ve said about CS, if you don't have turinis, silver visions, and bow down and worship at the feet of certain moderators you're never made to feel welcome. I stick around on there as I've made some genuine friends over the 8 years I've had my Cup, and if you can get below the veneer of immature crap there's a dedicated bunch of hardcore drivers willing to share experience and help out where possible.

My experience on this forum thus far has been fine, but I thought that this thread illustrated a theme where non positive comments in a discussion are not welcomed...hence my comment.

Each to their own etc., but don't get your back up if not everyone agrees!

I dont have my back up mate :smile: But i think a few of the comments have been a bit snotty for no good reason. No one really has a problem with criticism, least of all me, i had 4 pages of 'take off the stickers' from the lambs on CS lol! But thats my track toy and dont care. Most of us are keen drivers and love track days, and love a good discussion on anything but keep it friendly or there isnt much need to post? I think it will make it a stronger forum which CS isnt, like you said there is only a few on there that no what there talking about, which for me includes yourself.

Very well written response sir_dave. It's not a case that you need to be more established before being sarcy, I'm generally a miserable sarcy git too, it's just the nature of the forum is very friendly so one comment can easily look very out of context with the rest, making it look like your laying in to someone maybe a little bit more than it would on some other forums...

I would say though that out of the dozens of forums I'm on theres very little hierarchy here so getting "established" here should never be a concern :smile:

Oh and there's absolutely no need to feel like you have I like or agree with everything posted, there's always a need for critism and opinions. Let's face it, it's the reason were all here.

Last edited:
That's lower than a snakes arse hole :biggrin:

Lmao.

It's safe to say that the V3's will not be being used for what they are made for and your car will not handle as good but if it's the slammed look you are going for then you have succeeded and win :smiley:.

Who cares it looks the nuts and not everyone tracks there car, good on you for not following the croud, I think its mint and yes it might skip abit being that low but least he will look good doing it

how do you know that this car does not handle well if you have never driven it or even been for a ride in it?

Years of experience, & knowledge of the basics of suspension. Thats one of the benefits of being old you see, just like MarkCup :kiss:

if you can get below the veneer of immature crap there's a dedicated bunch of hardcore drivers willing to share experience and help out where possible.

wavey.gifdriving.gif

it's just the nature of the forum is very friendly so one comment can easily look very out of context with the rest, making it look like your laying in to someone maybe a little bit more than it would on some other forums...

Thats more clear now i think, perhaps some of the other forums i use are more 'banterful' so such 'Raceland Yo' comments are taken more in the jovial sense that they are intended silly.gif

Anyways, back on topic. Lower than a snakes belly etc :wink:

jase, the front is not all the way down lol :tongueout: i would say they are only 85% down :smile:, i dare go any lower as i am getting some scrubbage now

lol Class, i love when you see the 197 slammed, is that custom springs on the back, i have went for more of a racer set up with it a bit lower at the front,

6775336383_84ecd61efa_b.jpg

where would a get a set of custom rear spring.

^^^ what coilies are u running?? Jase was on kw's and got a custom rear spring. Jonsey is on H&R which go lower at the back.

alright i thought he had custom rear springs, im running the KW set up, i would love it lower at the back but it handles amazing. thats the rear right down and the locking nut removed.

who makes the custom rear springs ??

How does it feel with the locking nut removed? Did it make much difference on looks? Not sure pm jase.