200: how do you..

james_h

Platinum Member
Lock the whole car if the keypad battery runs out???

Parked on a multi story today and when out the car tried to lock it but no joy. Couldn't start it either and got the 'card not detected' message...so guessed the battery had gone...

But how the hell can you then leave the car locked to go buy a new battery??

luckily I wasn't on my own and the missus stayed in the car whilst I went looking for a shop (good old pound land).

But.. I tried everything from sitting in the car... using the central locking button on the dash and then trying to get out the passenger side to lock it with the key... but the central locking de-activates every time you open the door...so I am thinking it's impossible to lock the whole car if the keypad dies...

Not very good if you are out and about on your own and the battery in the keypad dies..????

With the manual key? Can't remember the sequence of turning to do it though, it's in the manual

Yeah just the passenger side, both sides have a motor for the central locking

Yeah just the passenger side, both sides have a motor for the central locking

I tried the passenger side but it only seemed to lock that door?? maybe as you say there is a way to turn the key more etc.. I'll check the manual as you say...

cheers mate

Yeah that's because the French drive on the opposite side, not moved the bonnet catch either lol!! Tried putti g the card in the slot? That worked when mine went!

Yeah that's because the French drive on the opposite side, not moved the bonnet catch either lol!! Tried putti g the card in the slot? That worked when mine went!

The card in the slot sorts the engine starting.. but I couldn't lock the whoel car from the outside mate

Oh right. I seem to remember having the same problem. I just changed the battery the next day, bit of a ****e design really.