How do you use a scangauge?

Just came across a scangauge we were given for a previous car (never got round to using it and forgot all about it)

Just curious if it works with the 197, where I plug it in and how I actually use. I'm not particularly gadget minded and don't want to risk anything on the car, buy desperate for a fiddle!

I have this http://www.scangauge.net/ -> Scangauge II. There is an OBD II connector located underneath the handsfree-card hmm "holder" (dunno the right word or maybe hmm card slot? :smile: ). You just have to pull a bit of plastic down that's covering it and then just plug your scangauge in. Then you can either just turn on the scangauge or turn on the car and it will automaticly turn on by itself. I had to start my Clio for the scangauge to connect with the car. Then just go by the steps on the site above how to setup your scangauge (engine size, tank size,.....).

With the Scangauge II you can choose 4 different values to show on the main screen -> intake air temperature, coolant temperature, engine load, ignition, tps, map,.....what you want :smile: hope this helped :wink:

^ what he said. I use one with mine, works fine, but the data logger function sometimes come up with a very high top speed (156mph), which is spurious.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M19TNR Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 4
D General Chat 3