How do you address your car

yeah, if you answer with any number you'll get that question (in my experience). I find if I do use Renaultsport Clio then people either know what it is (roughly) OR they know its sporty and don't care about cars so leave it :smiley:

Depends on who it is, if its a girl then just clio, as she's unlikely to care if i say Renault Sport Clio 200 (generally, not always:eek:smile: but if i'm at a meet or something then i may say the whole name as they will know what it is and how awesome it is!!!

Depends on who it is, if its a girl then just clio, as she's unlikely to care if i say Renault Sport Clio 200 (generally, not always:eek:smile: but if i'm at a meet or something then i may say the whole name as they will know what it is and how awesome it is!!!

Good call, although my frend has a BMW 116(5door:thumbdown:smile:, and to a girl a "BMW" sounds more flash than "Renault Clio"

i normally just say a clio then they usually say "ohh right, what litre, a 1.2" (with a smirk on their face thinking there car is better and faster) then i say "no its a reanultsport 197 2.0 litre" which normally wipes there smirk off haha

I normally say I have a Clio, its a bit more understated and if you say anymore than one word to a non-car person they fall asleep. The alternative is saying an R27, it confuses the hell out of people :thumbup: lol

Last edited:
I normally say I Clio, its a bit more understated and if you say anymore than one word to a non-car person they fall asleep. The alternative is saying an R27, it confuses the hell out of people :thumbup: lol
should be LY lovelyness paul:thumbsup:

Just a Clio.

I couldnt care less what other people judge me like because of the car i drive and im no more interested in boasting about it either.

"a clio" usually, if people are interested I'll tell them more but most aren't as in general people just go buy a VAG sourced vehicle and think anything else is silly.

If I address it myself it's usually "french POS!", especially if you're sat ready to start a track day only to realise your key card battery is mostly dead and the alarms whaling at you.

i don't talk about cars unless the other person is a petrol head as i can imagine we all get a bit boring when talking about them, i'm passionate about all things car related so i tend to save it for thoes who i can have a meaningful conversation with.
for instance today was talking about hyabusa throttle boddies and the advantages of building engines in your house rather than the garage, not the sort of conversation you can have with gary from accounts who's into home cooking

i don't talk about cars unless the other person is a petrol head as i can imagine we all get a bit boring when talking about them, i'm passionate about all things car related so i tend to save it for thoes who i can have a meaningful conversation with.
for instance today was talking about hyabusa throttle boddies and the advantages of building engines in your house rather than the garage, not the sort of conversation you can have with gary from accounts who's into home cooking

:rofl: good one !