Horn not working - 197 Cup

My horn is not working - any ideas?

A quick google search showed that it could possibly be the wiring within the steering wheel/column rather than the horn mechanism itself - I will check the horn on the weekend with regards to power/feed or corrosion on the connections but any headstarts will be appreciated

Has anyone got experience or advice on this?

Thanks
Rich

as said make sure theres power there first.......then back to basics ie fuse etc

Checked fuse yesterday - all ok.

Weird thing is, i tried the horn and it gave out a very feignt noise (only heard it because the engine was off) and then nothing, tried it again a few mins later and same thing?

It must be getting power so could it be an issue with the horn mechanism itself?

Thanks for any suggestions

unsure if this is the same horn as a Mk2 but on my old MK2 the horn had filled with water.. take it off and empty it.. also remember it needs to be touching the body work when you test it as thats the earthing for it.. worth a shot!

bump!

I cannot find the horn - can anyone confirm its location as I have some time of this week to get this sorted

bump!

I cannot find the horn - can anyone confirm its location as I have some time of this week to get this sorted

as far as i know its behind the front bumper upper part of the grill near to where the bonnet catch is

I'm only getting a rather pathetic single tone from mine, would have expected a two tone on a 197, any ideas if it is supposed to be two tone or not?

Mines twin on a 08 plate, but 200 cups are single tone. So maybe they changed over on the later 197's??

My 09 cup only has a single horn, my 1.5 diesel has twin horns.

More weight saving :rofl:

Last edited: