197 horn not working

I recently removed the OEM steering wheel to replace it with an OMP suede type so will have to wire up a new horn switch.

I have checked the 15amp fuse and it seems fine but on testing the horn wiring for voltage it's not giving me any reading. Can anyone help?

My plan is to wire up a new switch using the existing wiring.

Sorry no help but like you say may be a wiring fault!

Think yourself lucky as the horn is embarrassing anyway! :wink: :wink:

Can anyone help with this? I've taken the front end off today and tested the horns and they work perfectly. I've tested the fuse and there is 12v there. Testing the power to the horn and to the column and there is no power present. Can anyone advise me on this please?

I did it myself changing the steering wheel I cant remember completely I had removed part of the steering column covers anyway I think it was the right hand behind the steering wheel switch assembly there was copper contacts like fingers I had bent and were not making contact correcting them fixed the problem. Make sure the battery is disconnected you don't want an airbag deployment.

OK so I'm getting a bit annoyed with this now. I refitted the OEM steering wheel to double check and see if it started working about and still nothing. It seems that the cruise control and other controls dont work either. So it seems there is no power at all going through to the steering wheel wiring. Stalks are fine though. So this makes me think that there has got to be a electrical fault to the whole steering harness (excluding the stalks).

Does anyone know if there is some sort of master fuse or relay etc that carries the power to the steering wheel?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Deaks Spotted 0
S Spotted 0
Guy Spotted 0
R Interior and Audio 15
slime Spotted 0