Holly's 197

So I made my better half chop in her Mini cooper S for this tidy little 197 from 2006 with 44k on the clock.

She's really is not a massive fan of it :001_rolleyes: but I quite enjoy driving it, beats using my van when the weather is too scary to take my track M3 out.

Not really had any time or day light to give it a good look over but here it is after its first quick clean, could do with a good clay, polish and wax.

IMG_1137_zps7a345522.gif

IMG_1135_zps04bac11a.gif

IMG_1134_zpsc3a3fe23.gif

IMG_1133_zps04ee3460.gif
media6_zpsc2a9d407.gif

Far as I know to tart it up all I need to do is refurbish the wheels and brakes. All the alloys are curbed but have 4 matching decent tyres and the Brembo's have gone a little manky. Most probably uprated disc, pads and fluid at the same time.
Body work and interior is all straight and clean.

Now for the slightly more intresting bit! Future plans:

• Private number plate
  • Coilovers
  • Wheels spacers
  • Rear wiper delete
  • Front fog light delete/brake ducts
  • Remove textured trim from B pillar

Looking good, curious about the fog lights, what are you going to do?

Haven't had time to have a good look at and behind the fogs yet but plan is to make a shroud and ducting leading into the splash guards pointing at the caliper and disc for better cooling.

Its also a good excuse to bin the front fog and make something purposeful, don't know why they didn't do this on the cup or F1.

Haven't had time to have a good look at and behind the fogs yet but plan is to make a shroud and ducting leading into the splash guards pointing at the caliper and disc for better cooling.

Its also a good excuse to bin the front fog and make something purposeful, don't know why they didn't do this on the cup or F1.

Not seen that done, but there's not a lot behind them to be fair, can't imagine youd get the brakes that hot that they need that extent tbh. Still interested to what you do though!!

Last edited:
I done exactly that on my E36 for brake cooling..

JJC Race & Rally sell pre moulded ducts -http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/brake-ducting which I fitted to my BMW race car and run some hose for cooling - Worked a treat on the track to reduce fade.

The M3 has been taking up most of my limited free time so not much new on the 197.

In fact all I've manged to do is removed the CLIO badge from the boot, still retaining the renault sport in the corner and for the ball and chains birthday I brougth her a matching number plate to my M3 with her initials.

Then made her wash it :eek:

C6BFF33B-BE89-4B1F-8BA4-8EF48394B17E_zpsniw7npsm.gif

16502467162_5920eab772_c.jpg
033 by bigbossw, on Flickr

I'm still after something to lower the ride hight as its a little tall, ideally I want to go down the adjustable coilover route so can tweek the right ride hight but if there are any spring kits that can be recomended that give a good level drop I'm open ears and eyes for advice?

Regards