Hole in my engine!?!

I would try to get the dealer to admit to it, then see if they are willing to pay for repairs and get a piece of ally welded in there -that would be cheap and relatively easy

Im hoping they' re open tomorrow and own up straight away . I can't see it being easy . Will post results here

I would try to get the dealer to admit to it, then see if they are willing to pay for repairs and get a piece of ally welded in there -that would be cheap and relatively easy

Thinking to weld it would still mean having it out though which seems like could be a belt off job

How the **** have they managed to do that!? Definitely need that fixing though, don't want debris getting into the belts

It might be worthwhile asking them to do the cambelt service at the same time as compensation if they have to take it off. I would expect it would be replaced anyways but is worth pointing out - they dont seem the kind of garage to do things 'properly' :huh:

Just an update as I got the car back today - Its been in the dealer since thursday.

£2.5K of work later and my car has a new head / rocker cover & associated gubbins, Cambelt /Aux belt. Oil / filter.

Lovely job.. All paid for by the dealers insurance co!

In fairness to the dealership I think they must have a new service manager, he was great and accepted the issue was theirs straight away, kept me informed throughout and provided an excellent service.

OK it should have never been let out of the garage in the first place like that, but they have rectified it and given me another 5 years driving before a cambelt service is due.

Added bonus is that the car now feels even more rapid and super stable handling (It hasn't changed in any way it's just because i've been driving about in the 1.2 tce courstesy for the past few days! *cheap mod to make anyone's car feel quicker)

Shocking workmanship.. to think they tried to cover up their cock-up! ..naughty! Good result though, good job you spotted it and the CS Manager was sound.

Rich

Glad you got it sorted ok mate. A lot of dealers would of put up a bigger fight. Like you say, it shouldnt have happened in the first place but at least they've fixed it at no cost to yourself :smile: